• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

It was about 10pm my time.

lets be kind and say Larry was probably somewhat 'refreshed'.

There was a rather lengthy comparison between Thosebackpages and a certain part of the human anatomy.

Lets just say someone was pizzed that the Phantom worshippers had started to turn on the false god.

And boy did he decide to let rip.

For sure Krighton - but I will be amazed if Larry isn't having a little 'break' for a while.

Andy quoted him as well , so in the event Larry had a change of heart and deleted his own post, the original intent was contained within Andys reply.

Tbh it wasn't as bad as his last tirade, just called someone an a hole because they are hoping the Phantom programme doesn't enter the realm of Revival.

Other than that it was just another typical "I'm better than you" type of post from Larry

Edit - oh and the reason more artists, distributors, writers etc don't come on these boards is because you are all such a bunch of 'orrible bar stewards(I'm paraphrasing but that was the gist)

Edited by Ivan Testemitanu

Could I please ask the mods why they deleted Larry's expletive-filled rant against "ThoseBackPages".

It was crass, obscene and quite vile.

When Larry reveals his true colours - what gives you the right to hide the ugly side from those that are unaware?

Not Cool Larry. (tsk)

what a shock. you mean Larry hasn't changed from his racism filled tweets?

Andy quoted him as well , so in the event Larry had a change of heart and deleted his own post, the original intent was contained within Andys reply.

Tbh it wasn't as bad as his last tirade, just called someone an a hole because they are hoping the Phantom programme doesn't enter the realm of Revival.

Other than that it was just another typical "I'm better than you" type of post from Larry

Edit - oh and the reason more artists, distributors, writers etc don't come on these boards is because you are all such a bunch of 'orrible bar stewards(I'm paraphrasing but that was the gist)

Your gist is correct (thumbs u

ahhh mess, so that is still coming out?

:frustrated:

I was so hoping that stupid program would be cancelled and it wouldn't ruin Revival. I hope this doesn't sour me like it has with Bedlam. I tend to be a completionist, but i'm not buying any of these revival phantoms. Not supporting anything Larry is involved with.

And I missed Larry's rant too. I'm sure it was hypocritical, rude, and filled with a delusional sense of entitlement. The Phantom (aka butt-hurt, aka money-grab) program sucks.

ahhh mess, so that is still coming out?

I like the artwork, but for my view point as someone who decided after reading #1 that I would collect every printing/variant for the series (as I did with Saga), it makes me sad. I don't mind a variant here or there, but doing 12 in a row? It sucks, but I know I'm going to have to buy it if I want to complete my collection. I think a variant should be something special. Not common place like it looks to be shaping up to be with this series soon.

Part of the reason I dropped Mind the Gap (aside from losing interest in the story) was the fact that every single issue had 2 covers. Just seemed greedy to me.

My 2c

This guy won't be buying any Revival phantoms. Not over rants or hate-dropping. I'm just burned slam out with variants. TWD 100 and Bedlam were too much and ended up being a turn off for me. I much prefer series that have one variant every once in a while (or one for issue one - Think Tank, Saga, Clone, etc.). I'm sticking to first prints (except with Saga and Revival..... What, I've already started..... :grin: