• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

A little sumpthin, sumpthin for my adoring public..

1356792616532.jpg

1356784972023.jpg

I really like the covers. Just a quick question, were these made specially for the Phantom or were these previously done by Jenny Frison. Cause I think I saw the original art for these a long while back.

Also, I like that you took some of our suggestions on the Phantom Logo. It looks more Phantom like now. lol! and it blends better with the artwork.

I always appreciate honest feedback.

( It's the vindictive lunatic rants that I ignore )

that 5 looks great Ryan! - I think the 5b is going to look great as well!

Thought about subbing some of the subsequent prints, but would get costly. Might just sub my favs. Really like #2 c (red cover) and #5 b (you know which one). Also need to sub my third eye and thompson.

Edited by ItsJustRyan

A little sumpthin, sumpthin for my adoring public..

1356792616532.jpg

I really like the covers. Just a quick question, were these made specially for the Phantom or were these previously done by Jenny Frison. Cause I think I saw the original art for these a long while back.

Also, I like that you took some of our suggestions on the Phantom Logo. It looks more Phantom like now. lol! and it blends better with the artwork.

I commissioned all 12 covers from Jenny around the timer #2 shipped.

The image is exclusive for comics.

Problem was getting enough stockpiled to run the program.

Jenny's art takes time.

Well worth the wait for Jenny's art!

if you read the phantom thread, I believe I was the first to bring it up(improving the logo), and in a constructive way, but no one really responded. Then several pages later a whole conversation got going on it, and you made adjustments.

The other point I believe I made, which I still havent seen any other feedback on to my knowledge is this:

If you are commissioning the art, then obviously you can have some input in it. Give you artists the logo dimensions, let them work a spot FOR IT(to be added after, but integrated), into the actual picture itself.

It can be anywhere they choose on the cover, and look like a part of the picture, or blend into it much more. (like having it in the girl's sweater for instance, or on the barn, etc).

You will make much more BADASS looking covers that way, and any sense of it being a "store" variant will vanish, along with it just looking sick in general. Try one, the feedback will be mega positive, guaranteed.

(Imagine one of the snow flakes being the phantom logo on her shirt, etc.)

Edited by CBT

if you read the phantom thread, I believe I was the first to bring it up(improving the logo), and in a constructive way, but no one really responded. Then several pages later a whole conversation got going on it, and you made adjustments.

The other point I believe I made, which I still havent seen any other feedback on to my knowledge is this:

If you are commissioning the art, then obviously you can have some input in it. Give you artists the logo dimensions, let them work a spot FOR IT(to be added after, but integrated), into the actual picture itself.

It can be anywhere they choose on the cover, and look like a part of the picture, or blend into it much more. (like having it in the girl's sweater for instance, or on the barn, etc).

You will make much more BADASS looking covers that way, and any sense of it being a "store" variant will vanish, along with it just looking sick in general. Try one, the feedback will be mega positive, guaranteed.

(Imagine one of the snow flakes being the phantom logo on her shirt, etc.)

(thumbs u

I remember that being mentioned by you before! Love that idea! But Im sure that these were commissioned long before the feedback. That snowflake idea would be gold! Kudos to Larry for taking the constructive feedback.

Now how about some Phantom Variants on great books that need the exposure, like Panzerfaust and Think Tank! hm

Kurt is a spaceshot...

He's NOT interested.

NO communication skills.

Think Tank is coming...

I'm researching now.

What would make a great Think Tank cover?

Kurt is on the boards regularly...

Mirra Sway... in a bikini, with helicopters, guns and tiny remote controlled uav's. hahaha!

Kurt is a spaceshot...

He's NOT interested.

NO communication skills.

Think Tank is coming...

I'm researching now.

What would make a great Think Tank cover?

Kurt is on the boards regularly...

Mirra Sway... in a bikini, with helicopters, guns and tiny remote controlled uav's. hahaha!

I ask creators DAILY to do Phantom Variants.

They either say yes or no.

Simple.

Kurt says nothing.