• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

does the girl who adds books to the list do 1 a day, one would think you could almost make the process automated.

Must be a ton of research involved.

it seems to go in spurts, and i think they need to have someone with some computers skills, make it a little easier so it could go faster. Also, there's a spoon-load of stuff on that list that is pointless and shouldnt be put on. That list should be auto sorted by word count hit on these forums.

Let the ones everyone is talking about go to the top, and Cadillac Dinosaurs can wait....

just saying.... lol

From what I can see, from the list, there have been 133 sets created since July and there are a further 66 to be created before Revival does.

That's an average of 22 a month so we are looking at, at least 3 more months before we get a Revival set :(

The word count thing would be easy too. Hell, you can do a google search to find that out (in the search box just type [name of comic] site:boards.collectors-society.com) and voila.

Heck, if they need a PHP dev to play around a bit, I'd toss my hat in the pool to play.

Just don't buy them. But keep reading the new issues.

I love you. :luhv:

Times 1,000,000

Don't buy the bloody things. :applause:

Interesting to see that Chuck is now issuing Store Marvel variants.

Not you know (greedy barsteward) who.

When did that happen.. :whistle:

Just don't buy them. But keep reading the new issues.

+1

As much as I hate to admit it, I'm going to try to get hold of the #1 variant, purely because I love the 1A cover.

The rest can go jump for all I care.

The only two monthlies I collect (Revival and All-New X-Men) are beginning to get on my nerves due to the never ending number of variants.

The stories in both are amazing but I'm quickly losing interest in all of the store variants which are flooding the market.

To me, it's getting worse than the 90's. The gimmick covers back then might have been ridiculous and print runs astronomical but at least you only had to worry about buying 1 or occasionally 2 copies of a book to have a full run.

These days I'm buying half a dozen variants to to each book each month to calm my OCD.

This won't last much longer. Time to start focussing on the variants I like rather than needing to be a completionist.

All that said, if Marvel decide to have a Jean Grey variant month I'm screwed :eek:

Nice but I guess my only concern is that I thought the Phantom program was to help new or not well known artists. The Revival #1 looks exactly like the original with the exception of the blood. I like the Phantom variant with the blood more than the original but this one looks a little like a quick cash grab, something the Phantom program was avoiding?!?

im not gonna lie guys, the phantom thing has me down about this book. really unsure about keeping my run going.

IMO, these Phantom variants are more akin to store variants, in that they aren't an official release that you can order through Previews. If you focus on only the "official releases", then you have nothing to worry about. Or, you can just say, "I don't like them, I'm not going to buy them." Never forget that you define your collection...not the other way around.

im not gonna lie guys, the phantom thing has me down about this book. really unsure about keeping my run going.

IMO, these Phantom variants are more akin to store variants, in that they aren't an official release that you can order through Previews. If you focus on only the "official releases", then you have nothing to worry about. Or, you can just say, "I don't like them, I'm not going to buy them." Never forget that you define your collection...not the other way around.

The voice of Reason. Thank you for posting this Court, it makes a lot of sense.

Excellent post ! (thumbs u

:golfclap: Better to think this way. our wallets will thank us!