• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

Third Eye has a few of the #1 variants listed on their eBay site NM/M Bin 39.99 plus free shipping

And there they shall stay (I have spoken).... :grin:

i think we mentioned this in the thread a couple dozens pages back. I was asking where a supply of them came from when it popped up on ebay. didnt think it was third itself though interesting that they have more themselves now too.

all I know is my original order of 8 of those from them on ebay when they were $14.99 all but one of them were damaged prior to shipping and they were sold out by the time I had them in hand/noticed the problem (one impacted corner on the top right corner of each one)

annoying I ended up with one 9.8 worthy copy out of the bunch but still probably shouldn't complain since had no trouble getting $35/ea out of the damaged ones still

shrug-

We were talking yesterday about condition issues of the #1 Phantom and Third Eye throwing up some NM/M copies that someone said may be a new printing...

I got an email from Steve @ Third Eye to confirm these 'new' books are not an additional print run of the Revival #1 Phantoms.

From Steve:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Ryan,

I really need to make a CGC board account, I just don't get on there enough and know I'd lose track of a thread!

I was browsing the Revival thread, and saw some posts about whether or not the REVIVALS we have up are new printings or not. If you want to relay this to the guys, that's cool.

These are NOT new printings, and the book will not be reprinted by us, or AwesomeCons.

The copies we do have up are ones that we found in a box that was mislabeled over the Summer during the initial rush. We were preparing stock for our Mike Norton signing, and found a box of about 50-60 REVIVAL Third Eyes, which we had thought were all shipping/packing damages from Image.

Half of these were actually flawless, and we gave out 20 to the first 20 in line at the signing; then put 10 of those on eBay to clear them out.

There's about 20-30 others that have a corner ding from the way they were shrink-wrapped; it's very minor, but it's enough to where the grade of the book drops from NM to VF. We did list 15 of those up as well, with a clear description of the issue.

These are the last of the Third Eye covers that we have in our possession though.

We appreciate all of you guys and your support and enthusiasm! I apologize if there was any confusion about the availability of the book with these new copies popping up; this was literally just a stroke of luck on our end.

If you ever have any questions about our variants, or anything else like that, please feel free to e-mail me direct. I can get a much faster response out via here than eBay.

Thanks again!

steve

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just FYI.

Also, I will say that I have bought from Steve and Third Eye several times and they have always taken care of me (others can vouch for that as well).

Hope this clears the air with regards to our previous discuss and thanks guys!

(Thumbs u

R

Edited by ItsJustRyan

Just received 2 Phantom #1s and 1 Phantom #6. All seem to have the defect above the "L" but on my copies the defect is much higher up. It is about 1mm below the top edge of the page.

All 3 would be easy NM+ and I'd happily have subbed them expecting 9.8 without this.

Seriously wondering how CGC will handle it. Has anyone managed to snag a copy without the defect yet?