• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

We were talking about this yesterday.

I haven't handled a copy, but have heard about this defect. If it's the only defect I wouldn't be surprised if it still hit 9.8

Here's hoping so as I was hoping to use one of mine for a Tim S sig at LSCC (Saves me cracking a 1A).

:wishluck:

I ordered two Challenger Comics exclusive “Revival Vol 1 - Ex Libris Challengers” trades with bookplates signed by Seeley and Norton on eBay. They mailed them in a USPS Priority Mail envelope with no added protection. My mailman bent the package in half and stuck them in my mailbox, thus damaging the books. Even though this happened, I still left positive feedback for them and then emailed them a suggestion about packaging books securely so they don’t incur this type of situation in the future. They replied back soon, apologized and said they would mail me out two replacement books, which they did.

So these are the two original books:

5c8e93a9-480f-436c-8052-c10a90127cec_zps1a9c030d.jpg

44df5a46-a6cd-4b0d-acee-cf11743be9a4_zps84420d97.jpg

These are the replacements:

b34c9cb8-db58-41a5-affd-08171fc0e35c_zps924ac57f.jpg

552d5f62-bc34-4e3b-9d4e-fd51c3711b38_zps5e92700b.jpg

So, two things I noticed are that Norton’s signature is missing in the replacement bookplates and that Seeley’s signature looks slightly different (look at the S).

I met Seeley at NYCC this year and he and Norton signed a few books for me. I’ve compared the sigs and those sigs on the replacement books that Challenger Comics sent me look mighty suspicious. Add to that the fact that Norton’s sig is not on them and that just makes this smell funnier than a barrel full of fish!

I didn't bother to reach out to them again, but it’d be the nail in the coffin if I found someone else who has bookplates 54/200 and/or 73/200 with both sigs on it… Remember these are supposed to be limited to 200 only. So, anyone else have a similar issue with their bookplates?