• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

Yeah, that's still a pretty solid percentage of 9.8s.

I don't pre-screen unless I'm subbing quantity of a super-low-dollar modern. Otherwise, while 9.6s aren't ideal, they typically outperform raw+grading fee, so I'm fine with them.

Sorted - Joey did not tick the 9.8 pre-screen box.

i also want to add, since i am a staunch supporter of joey's services, that he will most probably make this up to andy or at the very least offer to make it up to him if he forgot to tick that box. this statement is for noobs that dont know joey.

Yeah - should make this very clear - Joey has been very good to me.

This was a one time error - no problem my end.

Lets not forget Gentlemen - this is a man who turned my Avengers #1 4.5 into a 6.5.

Yes a 4 grade jump.

And I have just discovered he is pretty much a one-man outfit.

I have no idea how he does it tbh.

I have no problem recommending Joeys services, and he's a very nice guy to deal with.

Yeah - should make this very clear - Joey has been very good to me.

This was a one time error - no problem my end.

Lets not forget Gentlemen - this is a man who turned my Avengers #1 4.5 into a 6.5.

Yes a 4 grade jump.

And I have just discovered he is pretty much a one-man outfit.

I have no idea how he does it tbh.

I have no problem recommending Joeys services, and he's a very nice guy to deal with.

I sent him an X-Men 1 that had a nasty spine curl and he fixed that with ease and I got a nice bump in the grade as well :) A+ guy!

Listen - I love you all, but do you guys seriously not skim through the insides of the book before submitting them?

I don't look at the insides of every book I buy, but if I'm subbing I def take a looksy-loo inside so I don't embarrass myself sending them something with 3 pages missing or something...

Listen - I love you all, but do you guys seriously not skim through the insides of the book before submitting them?

I don't look at the insides of every book I buy, but if I'm subbing I def take a looksy-loo inside so I don't embarrass myself sending them something with 3 pages missing or something...

Brand new no.

SA - yes - especially for coupons etc.

That 100 bullets was so tight it didn't look as if it had ever been read.

Took a chance,blew up in my face.

What do you do with the black spine issues Bagel?

Edited by Andy70

Sorry Andy but that's a major oversight.

At the risk of being unpopular..

Joey does his job well but his communication skills are seriously flawed IMO. He never lets you know what was done with each individual book and never contacts you unless you contact him first.

Tony Stark from Comics in a flash - absolutely awesome. A fantastic communicator that kept in touch with me constantly. I never had any issues with how much anything was going to cost like I did with Joey.

Joey even ignored all my paperwork that I sent in specifying some books to be fast tracked etc. All my books were submitted under the modern tier.

At every stage (when books were pressed, when they were sent to CGC, when they were posted) Tony sent me a message. I was never left wondering.

Joey might be suited to some but he isn't the messiah and there are other options out there.

Just my humble opinion.

Joey does his job well but his communication skills are seriously flawed IMO. He never lets you know what was done with each individual book and never contacts you unless you contact him first.

Tony Stark from Comics in a flash - absolutely awesome. A fantastic communicator that kept in touch with me constantly. I never had any issues with how much anything was going to cost like I did with Joey.

Joey even ignored all my paperwork that I sent in specifying some books to be fast tracked etc. All my books were submitted under the modern tier.

At every stage (when books were pressed, when they were sent to CGC, when they were posted) Tony sent me a message. I was never left wondering.

Joey might be suited to some but he isn't the messiah and there are other options out there.

Just my humble opinion.

i can understand what you are saying. sometimes you do have to stay in constant contact with joey for things to be done the way you want them. But you have to understand how many books and customers he has. andy, by himself, gave joey over 100 books. thats one guy. a lot of people use his services every week. You may receive better communication with other people, but, even though joey doesn't talk much, i trust him completely. he could mail in submissions like other but he takes time out of his already busy schedule to drive books to cgc to personally hand them submissions. he did forget to check the prescreen box, very understandable. like i said previously, he probably tried to make it up to andy, i dont know but i wouldnt throw it past him.

ahhhh, damn man. that sucks. let me know which slabs you cant sell. i have some that wont sell, moderns with 9.0-8.5's. we can trade our losses :baiting::grin:

That is not entirely true. Andy was well aware of the tier that was selected. I sent in scans of the invoices. If he wanted a pre-screen that would have been the time to ask me to check the box.

inv2001-2.jpg

inv1001-3.jpg

Just my humble opinion.

i can understand what you are saying. sometimes you do have to stay in constant contact with joey for things to be done the way you want them. But you have to understand how many books and customers he has. andy, by himself, gave joey over 100 books. thats one guy. a lot of people use his services every week. You may receive better communication with other people, but, even though joey doesn't talk much, i trust him completely. he could mail in submissions like other but he takes time out of his already busy schedule to drive books to cgc to personally hand them submissions. he did forget to check the prescreen box, very understandable. like i said previously, he probably tried to make it up to andy, i dont know but i wouldnt throw it past him.

Being busy is no excuse.

I trust the other presser I work with completely. That goes without saying.

Joey is making a lot of money and good luck to him. I just prefer to go elsewhere.

There just doesn't seem to be any constructive criticism of his business model on here - at least publicly anyway.

Edited by James.S

There just doesn't seem to be any constructive criticism of his business model on here - at least publicly anyway.

Maybe because Joey does good work? (shrug)

Sometimes actions speak louder than words. Provide a service at a reasonable price that nets a greater profit in your pocket, I doubt many people will complain.

Just my humble opinion.

Being busy is no excuse.

Joey is making a lot of money and good luck to him. I just prefer to go elsewhere.

It sounds like everyone is happy then. Personally, I'm very pleased with Joey. No one presses my books but Joey, the end. It's like barbers. Sure there are more out there, and some people swear by their's but when you find one that you like you stay with them.

Just my humble opinion.

Being busy is no excuse.

You mean aside from yours.

What you are so kindly bringing to others attention is nothing new. I have had many of my customers tell me that I need to keep the lines of communication open. Being a one man show I just do not have the bandwidth to field all the PM's and emails I get on a daily basis. I try and every now and then one or two fall between the cracks. That’s why I revamped the website.

Currently the website allows each submitter to create an account and be able to track the changing status on their books. Until recently the function was not operating, it is all turned on now. You will now be able to see where your books are in the system starting this week. I have also created a new email account so I can track and store correspondence easier. While not perfect fixes, they are a step in the right direction until I can train help to assist in the paperwork and updates that are needed each and every day.

I make mistakes…eventually everyone does. In your case of not properly checking fast track on the CGC form, I have nothing else to say but I am sorry about it. I do not remember the exchange so I cannot follow up on it. If you would be kind enough to remind me I will take a look into it and see what I can do. I do try to make everyone happy; sadly at times, I fall short. Moving forward cfpcomics.com will have all the functionality you will need to see where your books are in the system. I am working on adding other features, but they will have to be down the line a little bit.