• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

writing on High Grade old books that are super rare is an abomination.

^^

Buy the book, not the label.

^^

I like a few yellows, but am a blue person by nature. It's really a matter of preference, but yellow does seem to add more value to the collectible market... 2c

but yellow does seem to add more value to the collectible market... 2c

yah, this is like OA in my opinion. There are TONS of pages from books that people pay big money for, that no one will care about in the future.

Same with all these SS books. It's got to be a sig people care about, on a book people care about, to hold up longer term imo.

Edited by CBT

Yellows can suck it. :sumo:

Yellow moderns? = good

Yellow SA? = bad

I don't know why I have this view but I do. Anyone else feel the same?

the yellow debate :)

writing on High Grade old books that are super rare is an abomination.

As for everything else, to each their own.

All collectibles only hold value if people are willing to pay for them. Ultimately it just comes down to personal opinion, but CGC pushes yellows hard as it produces more business.

Here some facts, whether you like or dislike them it doesnt really matter:

1.) A SS book is by definition a "conditional" grade. pen or marker on a comic lowers its grade, in the SS books they are just grading the book as if it were not marked.

2.) There is no PHYSICAL/ACTUAL difference between a Green and Yellow. If the witness closes his eyes while the person signs it, it technically should be a Green. What people are really paying for is someone else's assurance that the signature is authentic. But, a green label can just as easily be exactly the same thing, just labeled differently by CGC.

Ultimately that plays back in to, what is a CGC book really. Take it out of the slab and the book is not changed in anyway, but its "value" collapses. Grade it again, it might not even get the same grade.

Buy the book, not the label. If you dont mind having writing on your comics and like the idea of someone associated with the book being the person marking the front cover, go for it.

But the CGC premiums over raw, and the yellow premiums over blue, certainly are not assured long term. It will be interesting when the bubble finally collapses and the number of books being CGC'd gets obliterated, if they will actually lower the price of their service. That'd certainly be one awesome consequence of all the speculation in the market.

You know what, if you wrote a weekly speculative column... speculating about prices, new books, print runs, grades, the aftermarket, raw Vs. SS vs. Blue vs. whatever, I'd totally pay for it lol.

You know what, if you wrote a weekly speculative column... speculating about prices, new books, print runs, grades, the aftermarket, raw Vs. SS vs. Blue vs. whatever, I'd totally pay for it lol.

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment. I feel like in the past couple of months the people I make happy has finally caught up to the people i off

lol:roflmao:

Edited by CBT

+1

++1 :grin:

Edited by whetteon

+1

++1 :grin:

Agreed. I don't always agree (or at least want to agree) but you always make very compelling arguments.

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment. I feel like in the past couple of months the people I make happy has finally caught up to the people i off

lol:roflmao:

For what it's worth, I regularly vacillate between both ends of the spectrum.

Personally, I think CBT's comments will be the cause of the bubble. lol I know I'm selling everything I own now.

lol

That's like John Connor finding out he cause Judgment Day... lol

john-connor-terminator-evo.jpg

It's like Doc Brown finding out he cause Clayton Ravine to be renamed... lol

DocPineTrees.jpg

For what it's worth, I regularly vacillate between both ends of the spectrum.

not that you care, but I've had you on the ignore list since like october lol , but I pretty much toggle them all open anyway, so I should just pull you off it.

I think we have rubbed each the wrong way a few times, but I am trying to move beyond that with as many people as I can. Hopefully I can move you back towards the good end (TWSS)

Personally, I think CBT's comments will be the cause of the bubble. lol I know I'm selling everything I own now.

well, if you want me on the record, I have said a few times I dont think the bubble can collapse on its own. I think volatility (the size and speed of price changes both up and down) will continue to increase and the "money making plays" will continue to get more and more crowded.

But as long as US interest rates stay at essentially zero, the good times will keep on rolling. Now, if you hear in the news that they might raise interest rates....exit stage left on everything you dont plan to keep for posterity.

Edited by CBT

the third eye exclusive was my most favorite cover....

Me 2

hm For some reason, I liked it, but didn't :luhv: that cover.

I really like #1 4th print for some reason. With the red/pink colored sky! And of course, #6!! (thumbs u

And I like #1's Second Print. I feel like it's at night and kind of creepy? (shrug)

And regarding the yellow v. blue debate. ( :gossip: I know I'm kind of late to the discussion, but was reading it all day at work)...

Generally, I really love yellows. I agree NOT on really older books unless it's a creator. Like having Stan Lee on a Daredevil #1... :cloud9:

I think certain factors can play a part in sigs. Like placement of the sig, color of ink and the signature itself. I mean, some signatures just "look" pretty cool. I mean, I wish I signed my name like Mike Norton! And Nate Bellegarde's "signature" comes to mind. And Stan Lee's signature is just a classic signature IMHO. I have a Daredevil #168 9.6 - and it's SS by Stan Lee in the lightning bolt and it's gotta be one of my favorite books I own! So I guess sigs can add something to the art. And I like the sense that not only do I have a book I love to own in a high grade, but I like that the creator actually touched my actual copy in their hands and left their mark on it.

However, that being said - with regards to moderns, if given a choice of a blue label or an SS book with only the writer OR artist, and not both - I'd rather have the blue label.

I dunno. Just my opinion. (shrug)

And I like #1's Second Print. I feel like it's at night and kind of creepy? (shrug)

+1

I think 1 2nd print is the best cover in the series. Very atmospheric.