• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

#3 is only just out.

Chill my little ones,chill.

In another 6 months when this is established then $80 - $100 will be ok.

Who cares when most of us are up for about $20 a cgc 9.8 max?

Good to see the haters pop up at the merest sniff of a modern collector getting burnt.

Its a trend on here : I've been in it for years so my 60 yr old book must be worth more than your 9 yr old book.

What,its not?

Hate hate hate - ah its ok,ones falling in price...hahaha - damn modern collectors,told them my ASM #4652 is a winner.

Bit fed up of it tbh - leaves a bit of a funny taste in my mouth thathte same old faces pop up here and wish that some of our books bomb and therefore they can feel good about themselves.

That's not why people hate on speculation.

Speculation crippled this hobby in ways that it still hasn't completely healed from and probably never completely will.

18,000 print run, triple 9.9s from one presser....9.8s already stalling and falling on ebay. Only variants pushing up, no movie/tv rumors to give it legs. I think this one has danger written all over it.

This is the horror of the spec business. When its hot, all the speculators start hoarding up all issues from the stores. But when it gets cold, it dies faster than a blink of an eye and the speculators are caught wondering why.

That was eisleys quote NOT MINE. Learn how to post properly. They are not my thoughts at all...

18,000 print run, triple 9.9s from one presser....9.8s already stalling and falling on ebay. Only variants pushing up, no movie/tv rumors to give it legs. I think this one has danger written all over it.

Uhm, the price is falling on every single book in revival. 9.8s I posted around that time sold for $125 and $132. They are selling for $60-$70 now.

Anyone who listened to me, saved themselves a lot of money.

Same with the raw books.

They are finding a floor now, which is where the discussion has moved too..

EDIT:

and i owned all the same books i do now then, still havent slabbed any of them...(and if you read all the posts from then, i was always wanting the book to do well, and liked it )

That was eisleys quote NOT MINE. Learn how to post properly. They are not my thoughts at all...

he quoted your quote of me, and deleted the non relevant part. He was agreeing with what he quoted, and the person's name in the quote makes no difference to what he was saying.

Speculation crippled this hobby in ways that it still hasn't completely healed from and probably never completely will.

^^

Revival seems to be finding a nice floor now. Hopefully it can build from here on solid fundamentals and growing readership. It will be interesting to see if the rumors of possible rumors mentioned many a page back now, actually materialize.

That could get the speculation fever flying again real quick.

Good to see the haters pop up at the merest sniff of a modern collector getting burnt.

Its a trend on here : I've been in it for years so my 60 yr old book must be worth more than your 9 yr old book.

What,its not?

Hate hate hate - ah its ok,ones falling in price...hahaha - damn modern collectors,told them my ASM #4652 is a winner.

Bit fed up of it tbh - leaves a bit of a funny taste in my mouth thathte same old faces pop up here and wish that some of our books bomb and therefore they can feel good about themselves.

+1

Sometimes I just wanna be like "Hey guys is anyone else excited for the release of the new.....oh wait....new things don't exist in your world!" *nelson laugh*

I'd be more excited to come on to these boards to talk comics if that's what people here were actually talking about. Instead you guys seem to focus on the speculation of the books. Who cares if you've only spent $20 lol on a 9.8 new book, its irrelevant unless you're just trying to make your self feel better about how much you spent on the book.

How about CONTENT? How about "hey, this is a really cool story. I dig it a lot and you guys should read it. My favorite part of the issue was this.... I wonder what will happen in the next issue?"

Instead all I seem to read on many modern threads is "did you see what issue "X" sold for on ebay!?!?! I have to stock up on these!!!

And for the record - I didn't mean to single anyone out and I really hate the hm icon - it's gotten very stale.

Edited by Phillip

Uhm, the price is falling on every single book in revival. 9.8s I posted around that time sold for $125 and $132. They are selling for $60-$70 now.

Same with the raw books.

EDIT:

and i owned all the same books i do now then, still havent slabbed any of them...(and if you read all the posts from then, i was always wanting the book to do well, and liked it )

he quoted your quote of me, and deleted the non relevant part. He was agreeing with what he quoted, and the person's name in the quote makes no difference to what he was saying.

It makes a difference to the person in whose mouth those words where wrongfully placed.

What,its not?

+1

Sometimes I just wanna be like "Hey guys is anyone else excited for the release of the new.....oh wait....new things don't exist in your world!" *nelson laugh*

I'd be more excited to come on to these boards to talk comics if that's what people here were actually talking about. Instead you guys seem to focus on the speculation of the books. Who cares if you've only spent $20 lol on a 9.8 new book, its irrelevant unless you're just trying to make your self feel better about how much you spent on the book.

How about CONTENT? How about "hey, this is a really cool story. I dig it a lot and you guys should read it. My favorite part of the issue was this.... I wonder what will happen in the next issue?"

Instead all I seem to read on many modern threads is "did you see what issue "X" sold for on ebay!?!?! I have to stock up on these!!!

And for the record - I didn't mean to single anyone out and I really hate the hm icon - it's gotten very stale.

If you look hard enough, there are at least five posts about the content of the book.

tread careful phil...you are in dangerous territory. If you point out any kool-aide drinking, the drinkers get very furious very fast.

#3 is only just out.

Chill my little ones,chill.

In another 6 months when this is established then $80 - $100 will be ok.

What,its not?

+1

I don't hate speculation, I have no problem with people hoarding etc but when it gets to the level that has gotten to, its just not right. Almost all modern chatter is about how much this risen, or how much this has fallen or how many are you going to buy etc etc it really does make me fear for the hobby.

When I started collecting non marvel moderns in 2003 Walking dead had just come out amongst others and I knew nothing about speculation. When I joined here in 2009 just before Chew came out. Speculation was all about much the value was rising and how it can't keep getting higher. No one believed WD to get to where it is but the majority of posts were about content and the creators. It was about OA and sketches, Signing ops and helping one another out. This is how it should be.

Same with the raw books.

EDIT:

It makes a difference to the person in whose mouth those words where wrongfully placed.

+1 It absolutely matters.

Did CGC pay you to slab the book? If not, I'd say your math is a bit off :thumbsup:

I suggest you get someone to submit your books at 20% off the $14.50.

What,its not?

+1

only spent $20 lol on a 9.8

Why is that funny?

Did CGC pay you to slab the book? If not, I'd say your math is a bit off :thumbsup:

I suggest you get someone to submit your books at 20% off the $14.50.

Considering Revival #1 came out in July, you wouldn't have any slabbed copies back unless they were fast-tracked. You're also forgetting shipping back & forth to CGC and the cost of the book itself :gossip:

What,its not?

+1

only spent $20 lol on a 9.8

Why is that funny?

Because I always lol when I see people on here throwing out numbers of how much they paid for something and/or how much they sold it for.

Edited by Phillip

Revival #3 out tomorrow has been allocated in the UK.

Got 10% of our order.

Rang round 3 shops for help & no-one has spares.

Diamond US will not be providing the missing copies.

UK guys get them fast.

Place in space will have them but usually limit to 1 per customer when this happens

:ohnoez: