• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tim Vigil.... Underappreciated master . Show off your books here!

129 posts in this topic

As I recall, Tim Vigil actually taught a comic book art class in the early 90s at the Learning Exchange, an adult education organization in Sacramento. I think it was only like $15 and materials. I was tempted to go, but I had to work overtime that weekend.

I know it's a sketch cover, but I saw this Tim Vigil piece about a year ago in a sales thread and missed buying it by an hour or two - I always kept coming back to how awesome it was and how bummed out that I missed it. I had several opportunities to buy some Vigil sketches (which were all quite awesome in their own right) but I always kept coming back to this one.

I tracked down the Boardie who owned it and to my surprise, he was willing to part with it!

Tim%20Vigil%20-%20Black%20Cat.jpg

Where in the world were those FAUST Pre-paid Phone Cards bought and used? lol

They were along the line with POGs. They were supposed to be the "next hot thing" in collecting. lol

Tim Vigil has been really busy doing sketch covers for sale. Below are some examples of what he has worked on. I am putting lots of them in the spoiler tag because many of them are very much NSFW!!!! You have been properly warned :P

He is still going. The way it works, he posts some rough pencil layouts and says, buy it now for $150 or so. Otherwise if nobody buys it, it will be considerable more when it's finished. Usually they end up around $300-$500 depending on the level of detail. If this is something that you would be interested in, you need to send him a friend request on facebook. Then ask to be added to his Uncensored Facebook Group. This way you can see the uncensored artwork. It is a private group. Otherwise if you do not wish to do the facebook thing, you can msg me here, and I can communicate with Tim directly. If this last route is what you prefer, I will tell you up front, that should you decide to buy something from Tim through me, I will not be adding any fees at all. All money goes directly to Tim. He has plenty of blank Faust 14 and 15 issues. If you would rather get something done on your own blank cover, that can be arranged as well.

One such cover got a lot of attention. It ended up becoming a bidding war.

The final bid was $1025

faust15-claire-99final.jpg

I lucked out and picked mine up for $150

faust14-faust8_remake-99-final.jpg

some safe covers...

faust15-rooftop-99-final.jpg

faust14-faust2-99-final.jpg

68_hallowed_ground-zombies1.jpg

FB_IMG_1431467532534.jpg

FB_IMG_1431467538937.jpg

ghost_rider-99-color-final.jpg

Now for the NOT SO SAFE COVERS, again you have been warned