• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 40....Guess the grade

33 posts in this topic

looks better than my copy 27_laughing.gif. Mine would be lucky to be a 2.0

it has sentimental value though, had it signed by John Romita when i was a kid.

I'd say your copy is maybe a 8.5 but i could see how it could go higher.

how much does the tanning of the white on the cover affect grade? i'd like think of it as maturing, like a fine wine, but it's obviously not as white as it was when it first came out. without knowing the answer or having many silver age or later books, i'd say 9.0.

Beautiful, Newt. It looks like it has been read and re-read and re-re-read dozens of times.

Exactly as it should be. 893applaud-thumb.gif

lol little chunks of the book came off even as I was scanning. lol I read that book to death. One of my favorite storylines. Finnaly bought a midgrade #39 at MegaCon in march before that my #39 was a Marvel tales reprint edition. My #40 probably was a 2.5 when I first bought it 27_laughing.gif. Man it was great meeting John Romita.....I should of got Stan Lee to sign it too when i met him. Coulda, woulda shoulda. I'll keep this book for it's sentimental value, but I believe it's about time I upgrade to a grade where I'm not afraid the book is gonna fall apart like this book is getting ready to do. Cover is attached by a thread. thumbsup2.gif

Beautiful, Newt. It looks like it has been read and re-read and re-re-read dozens of times.

Exactly as it should be. 893applaud-thumb.gif

lol little chunks of the book came off even as I was scanning. lol I read that book to death. One of my favorite storylines. Finnaly bought a midgrade #39 at MegaCon in march before that my #39 was a Marvel tales reprint edition. My #40 probably was a 2.5 when I first bought it 27_laughing.gif. Man it was great meeting John Romita.....I should of got Stan Lee to sign it too when i met him. Coulda, woulda shoulda. I'll keep this book for it's sentimental value, but I believe it's about time I upgrade to a grade where I'm not afraid the book is gonna fall apart like this book is getting ready to do. Cover is attached by a thread. thumbsup2.gif

Slab it.........sentimental is cloud9.gif