• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need Help, Possibly Buying a Restored ASM #1

44 posts in this topic

1 thread wasn't enough?

1 thread wasn't enough?

Yeah, and there's 2 ridiculous threads about 'Noobs', and you've posted in both of 'em, so what say you give the guy a break? (thumbs u

You better learn a little respect there buddy,you will get alot father around here. (tsk)

Respect is a two way street. I call it how I see it. (thumbs u

Comicdonna wasn't addressing you with his comment,so why did you have to chime in?

Probably for the same reason you chimed in, when I wasn't addressing you (tsk)

But since you ask. The guy who started the thread was asking a genuine question, ok he may have started 2 threads. Slamming him seems a little harsh when you are posting in 2 nutbar threads about 'Noobs'. The guy obviously doesn't like 'noobs', but he should keep his negativity to himself.

Clear enough :eek:

Yeah you'll last long around here. lol

A slight professional restored CGC 8.0 sells for about $6000

A slight extensive restored CGC 8.0 sells for about $3000

Hope that helps.

Slight, extensive...is there a new grade I missed? :baiting:

I know you meant slight amateur :foryou:

Jim

Sorry, meant extensive professional.

1 thread wasn't enough?

1 thread wasn't enough?

Yeah, and there's 2 ridiculous threads about 'Noobs', and you've posted in both of 'em, so what say you give the guy a break? (thumbs u

You better learn a little respect there buddy,you will get alot father around here. (tsk)

Respect is a two way street. I call it how I see it. (thumbs u

Comicdonna wasn't addressing you with his comment,so why did you have to chime in?

Probably for the same reason you chimed in, when I wasn't addressing you (tsk)

But since you ask. The guy who started the thread was asking a genuine question, ok he may have started 2 threads. Slamming him seems a little harsh when you are posting in 2 nutbar threads about 'Noobs'. The guy obviously doesn't like 'noobs', but he should keep his negativity to himself.

Clear enough :eek:

I don't think anyone was "slamming" him.

It's not good form starting things with respected board members. It won't get you anywhere. Trust me on this one.. Just some friendly advice.

BTW, you know nothing about me. Don't pretend you do.

Let me guess two things:

You own a boat and are from Albany NY. :acclaim:

Let me guess two things:

[font:Book Antiqua]+ He have a dog...

with strong opinion about post...[/font] :gossip:

Let me guess two things:

[font:Book Antiqua]+ He have a dog...

with strong opinion about post...[/font] :gossip:

:roflmao:

[font:Book Antiqua]Maybe you should negotiate 2 different prices with seller.

one if restored, another if not, send the book to CGC and then work from there...[/font]

This is good advice. Maybe 3K either way from the $9500 asking price. The only other wise option woud be to have a professional look at it before purchasing.

If he's selling it to you as restored, determine a price based on GPA for PLODs in that grade. No point in splitting the difference 'cuz it might be restored. :shrug:

And if you're not a world class grader, be conservative when looking at GPA numbers. It could well be a lower grade than you think.

Don't buy it. Not unless it is CGC graded and the restoration has been noted. If he allows you a 15-30 day return then you have time to send it to CGC for grading. What I find interesting with many "dealers," they won't send in these books to CGC. Why? 1) It costs money. 2) The grade will probably be lower than their grade. 3) Restoration will more than likey be noted. Key expensive books bought raw should be avoided.

If you buy the book using a credit card and the book comes back restored, I think you would have a very good case for a chargeback, regardless of the sellers return policy. While turn around times at CGc may not work for you, you could have this book in Matt Nelson or an expert of your choices hands in 24 hours via Fed-Ex. They examine it, ship it back Fed-Ex and you have the book in hand no more than 72 hours after it left.

I dont think he has a call on charge back. Seller is warning him it might be restored.

He isnt beeing lied to.

+1

Same way that I see it. (thumbs u

Price of $9,500 was decided upon by the seller becasue he thinks there is possible restoration on the book. Condition really doesn't come into play here since it appears that the buyer is the one grading the book in this particular situation.

Means that the buyer is not entitled to a refund or price discount if the book comes back as a PLOD. In comparison, the seller would have a stronger case for a price increase if the book came back in a blue label. hm

In my experience, if a dealer says it 'might' be restored.

It's restored.

I've returned to collecting after a 30+ year break, so my comic skills are a bit rusty, but my people skills are not.

By saying "might be" he allows himself the possibility of selling it for a higher price then a confirmed restored, while at the same time coving his azz from an angry buyer in the event that it is submitted for professional grading and comes back as restored.

If I was a betting man, based on the info given, I would put my money on restored.

i would make 2 prices like the most of the guys said it...and make something like a contract you both signed it and its official ...

Restored Price between 3-6k depends on the resto i think hard to tell

Universal Price 9500 (Would be a great price if its really an 8.0)