• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tomahawk collecting Thread

128 posts in this topic

Here's the historically inaccurate Tomahawk 35 featuring the origin of Davy Crockett. Found it at SDCC from A-1 comics. Tomahawk35-2.jpg

Excellent books Steve. Those 10 centers you shared are very cool. :headbang:

Thanks for the nice comment. BTW, there is only one CGC graded copy of Tomahawk 35 in the census. However, I'll keep mine raw as I enjoy reading it now and then. I always like reading both fiction and non-fiction books and comics about the Old West.

SLR

That's a great cover. I really love these obscure DC titles.

MisterX, that's a very nice run of the late issues. I didn't realize they reprinted some of the older Tomahawk stories. I may have to crack some open to read soon.

Thanks, Red Hood!

Awesome thread! Any chance you could post some of those Frank Thorne interiors?

I am sorry, I cannot oblige your request for an interior page by Frank Thorne. :sorry:

A check of the OPG shows he did issues 137 and 140. I do not have either of those issues.

Fred Ray on the other hand, who did much of the artwork, that I can provide. :grin:

Interior splash page from issue #90

TOMH_90SP.jpg

Awesome thread! Any chance you could post some of those Frank Thorne interiors?

I am sorry, I cannot oblige your request for an interior page by Frank Thorne. :sorry:

A check of the OPG shows he did issues 137 and 140. I do not have either of those issues.

Fred Ray on the other hand, who did much of the artwork, that I can provide. :grin:

Interior splash page from issue #90

TOMH_90SP.jpg

Thanks. I came to this thread from a search for Red Sonja, and saw Frank's name somewhere in here. Some great covers you guys posted though. Especially that #137 Mister X posted. Amazing!

My favourite Tomahawk cover.

Tomahawk116.jpg

That is indeed an awesome cover. The cover art on the last part of the Tomahawk run is off the charts good. I'm going to start collecting the title more actively.

(thumbs u