• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tomahawk collecting Thread

128 posts in this topic

Great copies everyone. :headbang:

My last Tomahawk for the time being.

Tomhk_81.jpg

That cover is insulting to the proud Iroquois nation. As if they wouldn't know enough to bind Tomahawk's hands and take his knife away before stringing him up.

(shrug)

Great copies everyone. :headbang:

My last Tomahawk for the time being.

Tomhk_81.jpg

That cover is insulting to the proud Iroquois nation. As if they wouldn't know enough to bind Tomahawk's hands and take his knife away before stringing him up.

(shrug)

It does indeed seem to be an oversight, unless in an effort to appease the comics code, as two men are shown hanging, they are provided with an immediate mode to free themselves. (shrug)

Cover by Bob Brown, who did much of the artwork for the Space Ranger stories in Tales of the Unexpected.

TOMH_90.jpg

Bob Brown also picked up the art duties on the Challengers of the Unknown title after Jack Kirby and DC parted ways. Bob is a much underrated artist among the great unwashed.

:preach:

Great books, everybody!

So around what issue did the writers abandon "historical accuracy," and throw in the monsters, science fiction, etc.?

By the covers looks like maybe #54 (the one with the tiny Native Americans capturing Tomahawk like Gulliver)?

Starting with the "first" Son of Tomahawk issue 131...

THWK131.jpg

THWK132.jpg

THWK133.jpg

This might be my favorite of the bunch. I had a really hard time finding this one in grade. This is, at best, a F/VF -- there's a subscription crease that may not be easily seen in the scan.

THWK134.jpg

THWK135.jpg

THWK136.jpg

I think this is one of Kubert's prettier women...

THWK137.jpg

THWK138.jpg

THWK139.jpg

And the final issue. Note the new logo design.

THWK140.jpg

That's all, folks!

That's a spectacular run of Kubert Tomahawks alright!

(thumbs u

Just back from Comic -Con with many books some of which I dropped off at CGC's booth. Here's one though I picked up for a real decent price from Harley Yee. His prices were much more reasonable this year and he bargained in good faith.

I love wedding covers so here's a Tomahawk 31 Tomahawk31.jpg