• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

You've been on here since 2006 and never heard the vernacular of "floppy" used when referencing a POC?

-Terry

giphy.gif

Did a search and that term has been used more then 50 times in the last year alone on the boards. Floppy has now been added to the vernacular.

I must be old. This is a floppy:

floppy-disk.jpg

and of course the followup - the "flingy" (because you could fling them like a Frisbee)

FloppyDisk.jpg

both of which will never be used by the kids of today.......

:preach:

floppy-disk.jpg

and of course the followup - the "flingy" (because you could fling them like a Frisbee)

FloppyDisk.jpg

No that was a "Hard Disk" since it wasn't floppy. It had the HD in the upper corner just in case we got confused.

New to this board, would love to clear out some books/sets. How do I take part? Lord knows I don't need any freebies, just hear to play Santa.

I'm going to try and find some cool Pence Copies of some Keys, jus tto add a little international flavor.

I always wondered why Pence Copies are worth so much less given that they have much lower print runs, and often come in high grade.

Hey guys I've been told yall are waiting on some Pence copies. I have mainly Key Pence copies, which might be hard for me to part with until I see something on here I really must have.

However if you want some run of the mill (SA/BA) pence copies, I can provide that.

Don't worry this won't be my only PIF.

Now, just backtrack even more and throw up a Turok #1 or something, and you'll fit right in.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27354-1355503423-2.gif

floppy-disk.jpg

FloppyDisk.jpg

No that was a "Hard Disk" since it wasn't floppy. It had the HD in the upper corner just in case we got confused.

HD=High Density not Hard Disk :grin:

Hey guys I've been told yall are waiting on some Pence copies. I have mainly Key Pence copies, which might be hard for me to part with until I see something on here I really must have.

However if you want some run of the mill (SA/BA) pence copies, I can provide that.

Being International (from US standpoint) you will run into the same issue as everyone else who is outside the Red White and Blue - high shipping cost. I'm sure if a US person offered that Omnibus type book they would get someone to grab it but with shipping running $30ish (quess) for it then people may not want to pony up $15 for an item that they can get locally if they wanted it. I don't want to scare you off but its a problem for everyone not just you.

floppy-disk.jpg

FloppyDisk.jpg

Wrong! Larry told me in 7th grade it meant Hard Disk.

floppy-disk.jpg

FloppyDisk.jpg

I was working with some older technology/machines back in the mid 1990s that loaded programs off 8" floppies (order processing and check encoding for magazine payments) and some others that used reel to reel tape tapes (Scanoptic scanners that read in magazine orders based on scan areas picking up OCRA fonts). You haven't lived until you've worked with octal codes, pascal language etc. Super old tech but it was pretty interesting work to me as I had to adapt existing programs for new mag codes and other processing needs. I could bore you death with what was involved with those machines. Don't get me started talking about Bell and Howell scanners (they were "newer" and used 3.5 floppies).

At least I wasn't using punch cards I guess.

floppy-disk.jpg

FloppyDisk.jpg

I was working with some older technology/machines back in the mid 1990s that loaded programs off 8" floppies (order processing and check encoding for magazine payments) and some others that used reel to reel tape tapes (Scanoptic scanners that read in magazine orders based on scan areas picking up OCRA fonts). You haven't lived until you've worked with octal codes, pascal language etc. Super old tech but it was pretty interesting work to me as I had to adapt existing programs for new mag codes and other processing needs. I could bore you death with what was involved with those machines. Don't get me started talking about Bell and Howell scanners (they were "newer" and used 3.5 floppies).

At least I wasn't using punch cards I guess.

Shudder - I remember having to pull the perforated edges off my school papers after they got done printing. Old school printers sucked.

floppy-disk.jpg

FloppyDisk.jpg

:whee:

new nominee for the argument post!!!!

I still like fling-e...... you could whip those babys and do some damage......

they actually did have "HD" (high density) and regular (low density) versions. The HD holding a WHOPPING 1.4mb of data.

wombat -- you are not old unless you used the 8" floppy (that just sounds wrong)......

anyone still have one of these lying around.......

4635377+_5f7baba2f0af4938e7c76001e51fc02e.jpg

floppy-disk.jpg

FloppyDisk.jpg

:whee:

new nominee for the argument post!!!!

I still like fling-e...... you could whip those babys and do some damage......

they actually did have "HD" (high density) and regular (low density) versions. The HD holding a WHOPPING 1.4mb of data.

wombat -- you are not old unless you used the 8" floppy (that just sounds wrong)......

anyone still have one of these lying around.......

4635377+_5f7baba2f0af4938e7c76001e51fc02e.jpg

I have several of those-- along with an old Zip drive, some 5.25 floppy drives, 3.5 drives, various sound cards, a working dot matrix Star Micronics printer, and even my first PC I bought at CompuAdd in the 1988 (for the low low price of $1850) that still "works" in case you want to fire up some old Lotus 123 version 2.2 or perhaps Professional Write. Just be sure to enter a non-2000 date into the PC as it will crash otherwise (Y2K ouch-- and yeah-- the clock battery is a little toasty). Be ready to wait though- this puppy has am 6 mbps speed that can be sped up to TEN mbps with the control+shift+plus keys. All this on a massive 20 MEGAbyte hard drive. And soak in the color of that 13" EGA monitor. Great for playing contra though

Yay, ok lets hope I do this right.

We may have to split shipping as I'm in UK, but otherwise, enjoy these, I know I did.

More Pents copies and runs coming after I do my first run at this.

Group 1:

Spider-Verse HC + Grab Bag of Spiderverse Tie-Ins (At Least 5 Floppies)

MarvelSpider-VerseHC-004.jpg

Group 2 Top Cow:

Think Tank Vol. 1-3 Slipcase Edition

TTVOLSC-2.jpg

Aphrodite IX Rebirth v1 51DoaL2OFFL._SX319_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Aphrodite IX Rebirth v2 51z4qpGBPKL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Group 3: BATMAN 41 (RIP Brucey)

Capullo, Mask & Sean Gordon Murphy Variants

1426415_ful.jpg

1426416_ful.jpg

$_1.JPG

BUMPING these up for you Smoak and Frost.

New to this board, would love to clear out some books/sets. How do I take part? Lord knows I don't need any freebies, just hear to play Santa.

I'm going to try and find some cool Pence Copies of some Keys, jus tto add a little international flavor.

I always wondered why Pence Copies are worth so much less given that they have much lower print runs, and often come in high grade.

Now, just backtrack even more and throw up a Turok #1 or something, and you'll fit right in.

When you lay it out like that it is a bit :ohnoez:lol