• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

His offer expires in half a day so it may actually be the smartest choice to just let it expire and not say much. I can't imagine there is much he could say to make it better at this point.

Really? I would have thought a simple "Woops, I didn't know. Fixed now." would have been pretty sufficient. meh Oh well, if it ends today no big deal. Just something to think of in the future.

Soooo..... Ummmmm, did you just ignore everything that was said or just decided it didn't matter? (shrug)
I deleted the trade thread

18cac1d.jpg

:D:grin:

Soooo..... Ummmmm, did you just ignore everything that was said or just decided it didn't matter? (shrug)
I deleted the trade thread

Your offer is still up for sale on ebay, though. :whistle:

It may be frowned upon, but PIF is Not a sales thread. There's no rule that he can't have his offers here and on eBay as long as he fulfills any pick ups/sales on both.

You are incorrect. What if someone picks an offer here and simultaneously one buys the item on eBay?

Yes. Not sure if it's in the official PIF rules, but it seems like the common sense approach to take to avoid drama.

You are incorrect. What if someone picks an offer here and simultaneously one buys the item on eBay?

Yes. Not sure if it's in the official PIF rules, but it seems like the common sense approach to take to avoid drama.

Agreed. It's not a smart thing to do because of the potential problems, but it's not against the PIF rules. This is not the sales forum.

I discovered this idea on cards forum and thought it might be fun.

Maybe this has been tried before, I don't know... But let's give it a shot!

Here is the deal: I'm going to give away this book to the first person who wants it and posts :takeit: . Free, including shipping. In turn, that person MUST offer a book(s) free to the next taker by posting on this thread, and so on, and so on. While it does not have to be of exact equal value of what you took, please offer quality book(s) that someone can appreciate.

RULES:

-You must not be on the Hall of Shame list or be in poor standing on the boards

-You must have at least 50 posts

-If you claim some book(s), you must post your offering within 24 hours

-Only one offer at a time. No new book(s) can be posted until the existing offer has been claimed

-Post pics or scans of the book(s) you're giving away. Cell phone pics are fine

-Don't take book(s) if you've got nothing to offer in return

-If none of your offers are claimed within 4 days (96 hours) of your first offer, the previous offer automatically goes back up.

-Don't ship your offer until you confirm the following offer has been claimed.

-Ship book(s) quickly so people aren't left hanging. No later than two weeks after someone claims your offer.

-Only one :takeit: every 7 days per member.

-Please do not discuss the value of the book(s) being offered. If you don't like them, you don't have to take them

-You can ONLY "take" a book after it has been listed.

-Be honest

-Have fun!

You are correct. It is not against any rules. Its hard to make rules for things that most consider common sense. He was for sure in violation when they were on Ebay and in the sales thread as a trade. He rectified that so its pretty much a closed issue, but certainly something future people hopefully wont do. It would be his luck a boardie would claim his PIF while a separate boardie bought it on ebay.