• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

:bump: now with a free add-on to each offer except #2

I will pay $15 for shipping worldwide and the winning boardie will be responsible for the rest. Thanks for looking.

Offer 1: Star Wars Tales 9 CGC 9.4 - Maul vs Vader Photo Variant

6937248381_4f37274f90_z.jpg

Offer 2: Fallout 4 for Xbox One & Batman Arkham City for Xbox 360 - both are new and sealed

24701993782_d9f6e14dca_z.jpg

24705918922_566bddf245_z.jpg

Offer 3: Transformers Masterpiece Bluestreak TRU Exclusive - new and sealed

24524316830_2f55a757f6_z.jpg

Offer 4: X-Men 201 CGC 9.6 - 1st Cable as baby

24705920592_6f1ca8b3f9_z.jpg

Offer 5: Superman 199 - 1st Superman/Flash Race - F-/F grade

24730314661_d8382aa839_b.jpg

Offer 6: Superman 233 - Classic Neal Adams Kryptonite Chain Cover - F/VF (Back cover can use a press)

24528272780_94ffcc9b3a_b.jpg

:bump:

That said, here are my free add-ons to my current offers. These will be available until the offer expires.

Offer 1: Lady Rawhide Wizard 1/2 - Comes with COA and original Wizard protective sleeve. Comic is NM.

24253416474_298ce0dd61_z.jpg

Offer 2: None. :sumo:

Offer 3: 1987 G1 Transformers Chase (throttlebot) - out of packaging but in good shape.

24881561075_e2ba557c16_z.jpg

Offer 4: Hulk 377 in VF condition

24586104180_cfda6ddd86_z.jpg

Offer 5 & 6: Sergio Aragones Destroys DC #1 in VF/NM

24881557985_2957a11e7b_z.jpg

Seeing as this is the 11:00th hour of this offer I wanted to post up a general observation that hit me this weekend.

When people say "Junk Donkey" they are really saying you are a taker or a downer (always bumping down an offer rather then bumping it up). If there is an offer that is highly desirable they grab the item and offer up stuff that brings down the price or desirability. This can involve offering up 5 lesser quality books to justify the quality take or just offering up stuff that is simply less desirable that they have laying around.

Very few of us are always givers but if you never fit that category then you will be perceived as a Junk Donkey even if your offers are not junk per say. If everyone gives a little more then you take most of the time (without being pressured to do so) will eliminate almost all the issues this thread has.

Seems obvious but when I see people questioning whey they are perceived as Junk Donkey's when their offers are not junk I wanted to express it in a way I understood.

The only premise intended by NamesJay when he started the thread was:

«While it does not have to be of exact equal value of what you took, please offer quality book(s) that someone can appreciate.»

So I can agree the slant should be on quality rather than quantity.

It’s obvious that if I try to offer something equally interesting compared to what I took, there would be little complaints.

The only premise intended by NamesJay when he started the thread was:

«While it does not have to be of exact equal value of what you took, please offer quality book(s) that someone can appreciate.»

So I can agree the slant should be on quality rather than quantity.

It’s obvious that if I try to offer something equally interesting compared to what I took, there would be little complaints.

It's always tricky to have a group of people match up what is equal in quality and desirability but the people who say "it doesn't matter since my offer is desirable in my eyes" seem to be the ones who know when to grab the highest priced most desirable offers. I've definitely bumped down a few offers in the last couple years for various reasons but I also have had times when I felt a desire to bump it up a bit to give the next guy a really cool book. As long as we bump up more then we bump down then this thread actually has a purpose in my mind.

Sure,

inversely, if one stops caring about value, it could work as well as initially intended as long as you put up books that are effectively interesting.

For example, I would have loved that series of "The Far Side" books from phantalien, I just esitated because shipping to Italy would have been huge and I couldn’t have expected him to cover it in full.

It’s a collateral limit, but while it seems a trifle matter, when shipping is going to cost a lot, it factors in.

Sure,

inversely, if one stops caring about value, it could work as well as initially intended as long as you put up books that are effectively interesting.

For example, I would have loved that series of "The Far Side" books from phantalien, I just esitated because shipping to Italy would have been huge and I couldn’t have expected him to cover it in full.

It’s a collateral limit, but while it seems a trifle matter, when shipping is going to cost a lot, it factors in.

If the thread goes that route I'd be cool with it but the shipping cost has basically made it impractical for everyone. We can all post up "cool" stuff like Far Side mags or a modern book signed by the artist or a couple random TPBs that were a fun read but most people don't want to pay more in shipping then it would be to just buy the books? I for one would love that kind of thread since I've got 20 - 30 random TPBs that I'd love to "trade" with someone else for some new ones or a Omnibus or two.

Sure,

Your statement is also a great idea in a perfect world where the person who got a $100 slab they wanted could give you the Far Side magazines you really wanted but the next time would get a low cost hot rod set they wanted and give up a $100 slab they just got graded. Everything balances out. But we have seen it this thread the guy who "got away" with getting a $100 slab for virtually nothing will go back to that well again and again because they want to keep all their $100 slabs.

People keep saying the people calling "Junk Donkey!" are the selfish ones since they look at dollars and cents but when one group is always giving and the other one is always taking then which group is selfish?

Sure,

If the thread goes that route I'd be cool with it but the shipping cost has basically made it impractical for everyone. We can all post up "cool" stuff like Far Side mags or a modern book signed by the artist or a couple random TPBs that were a fun read but most people don't want to pay more in shipping then it would be to just buy the books? I for one would love that kind of thread since I've got 20 - 30 random TPBs that I'd love to "trade" with someone else for some new ones or a Omnibus or two.

I love the trade paperback idea. It seems like it would be less stressful and let people just enjoy the trades for reading instead of looking to glean the next high priced collectible for a pittance.

Sure,

I love the trade paperback idea. It seems like it would be more stress free and let people just enjoy the trades for reading instead of looking to glean the next high priced collectible for a pittance.

It's been tried but failed before my time (or so I've heard). Everyone wants to trade their Woman's of Marvel TPB for the new Walking Dead TPB and it cost a lot to ship TPBs unless you want to try your luck at Media Mail.

People keep saying the people calling "Junk Donkey!" are the selfish ones since they look at dollars and cents but when one group is always giving and the other one is always taking then which group is selfish?

You had the epiphany that the JD's won't ever admit to even if they know the deal.

I gave it a good try and will just keep my stuff in my collection or sell later. I'll also be playing some Fallout 4 for sure. Peace and good luck to the next guy.

You definitely gave it a good try.

Unless 1Cool plans on changing it up at all, these are the current offers on the table.

Offer 1: Dealers Badge for the Wizard World Cleveland show - February 26-28. Come enjoy early entry and three days of fun.

Offer 2: Captain Marvel 27 - VF/NM maybe a smidge better with a press and clean

Captain%20Marvel%2027B%20Front_zpsomucjoqt.jpg

Offer3: Marvel Tales 142 - VG & Action Comics 253 GD/VG (2nd Supergirl)

Marvel%20Tales%20142%20front_zpsqabkomop.jpg

Action%20253%20Front_zpshdklzwzm.jpg

Offer4: Ms Marvel 18 - VF/NM

Ms%20Marvel%2018%20Front_zpsdcgtf8il.jpg