• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just Noticed Today is Cap freak's birthday

53 posts in this topic

He had flaked years ago on a number of books. He disappeared for about 1 year and then came back. He changed his name from Cap N Falcon but I knew it was him from the stupid image in his signature. I told a few people he had not paid he was back but after a year they didn't really remember. He also denied that he had done such a thing. He was a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag from day one. However, a lot of people on the board were enthralled be him because he was a young collector.

What did he do?

:sumo:

I ask because he backed out of some books a few years ago from me.

As I remember it, he held back more than one lot of books that he'd received money for. Basically told people here that he didn't give a about what he'd done and challenged anyone to get him thrown off. Then he managed to leave an abusive message as Borocks reply on his answer phone after he had been really good to CF (which cost Borock some business).

He pretty much on everyone who had been good to him here.

:o I didn't hear about this story before.. Just shocked right now that he did that to Steve... Such a class-less loser! My whole perspective on this kid has now changed. I thought he was good when I first met him years back.. Never knew this other side of him :facepalm:

:popcorn:

Supapimp "donated" a CGC 9.6 New Mutants 98 to Kenny's holiday raffle which i was supposed to recieve from him but decided he wouldn't send the item as i lived abroad (against the raffles rules i might add) despite my offering to pay the shipping or provide a US address. So much for the season of good will :(

Actually both times i entered i was left with nothing, but Supapimp really upset me because it came back to back with 4 or 5 bad deals in a row and also because i had always wanted a NM 98.

"ASM-completist" who sent me a $300 box full of overgraded ASM junk. Wouldn't accept a return or even a partial refund. Got a very very small paypal refund of $10 or so when i filed a complaint but that was all he had in his account.

"mravalanche" decided to take my money and not send anything. It took 2 months and a lot of effort and detective work to find his number online and he admitted to not sending anything before i got a refund.

CapFreak and Hearld everyone knows about. There were more but Supapimp is the worst considering the circumstances and that's what made me leave since no one supported me.

What did he do?

He's in the hall of shame.

CAP freak

(added 5/21/09 - 4th "Hall of Shame" Member)

I'm sorry to hear that, Matt.

I've always enjoyed having you around. Did you ever get that NM #98?

Supapimp "donated" a CGC 9.6 New Mutants 98 to Kenny's holiday raffle which i was supposed to recieve from him but decided he wouldn't send the item as i lived abroad (against the raffles rules i might add) despite my offering to pay the shipping or provide a US address. So much for the season of good will :(

I remember this. hm

What did he do?

As I remember it, he held back more than one lot of books that he'd received money for. Basically told people here that he didn't give a about what he'd done and challenged anyone to get him thrown off. Then he managed to leave an abusive message as Borocks reply on his answer phone after he had been really good to CF (which cost Borock some business).

He actually got onto Borock's phone and changed the voice greeting to one using the F-bomb as a joke. It was Steve's business phone.

This after Borock let him stay in his hotel room and took care of him for a weekend at a convention.

If only some had paid attention to the warning signs that screamed for attention here, rather than pat him on the head and tell him to get back out there and be good.

Good was long gone from that little birdy before he sang another song.

What did he do?

He actually got onto Borock's phone and changed the voice greeting to one using the F-bomb as a joke. It was Steve's business phone.

This after Borock let him stay in his hotel room and took care of him for a weekend at a convention.

If only some had paid attention to the warning signs that screamed for attention here, rather than pat him on the head and tell him to get back out there and be good.

It's tough because everyone has their own families and kids so when something like this comes along people don't see it coming.

Wonder where his parents were and what the situation is there. Usually that is the root of it all.

I remember this. hm

I must've missed this. Anyone have a link?

What did he do?

It's tough because everyone has their own families and kids so when something like this comes along people don't see it coming.

Wonder where his parents were and what the situation is there. Usually that is the root of it all.

Didn't his dad bail him out from a comic deal gone wrong once? Thought I remembered something like that.

I remember this. hm

I must've missed this. Anyone have a link?

Here you go.

What did he do?

Oh, I know. As a parent, you sympathize more with kids than ever before.

But he had been off and on the probation list a few times. And that last go-around, as someone noted already, he turned into super-shyt and pretty much laughed it off. One of the few times the probation thread seemed like a joke to someone.

What a sad situation overall, though. Huge missed opportunity to learn from amazing people in a super hobby.

:(

Just sayin'.

Oh goodie, means he's maturing. :whee:

So he's that much closer to being old enough to be charged as an adult, for any future shenanigans, then?

What a sad situation overall, though. Huge missed opportunity to learn from amazing people in a super hobby.

:(

Yup. Golden opportunity that I'd have killed for. Well, not literally but you know what I mean.