• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Spiderman Omnibus

14 posts in this topic

I ordered this off Amazon a couple weeks ago and just got around to reading most of it. It's the 1st 39 issues and so far, I've read the 1st 30 the last couple days. HOLY mess!!! I gotta say it's about the best 30 issue run of comics I've ever read. If you have never read it or have but want it all in one book, I highly, HIGHLY recommend! (thumbs u

It's $99.99 retail I believe but you can get it for like $65 shipped off Amazon. $65 bucks for like 40 AWESOME books?!? It's about the best $65 bucks I've ever spent in this hobby.

If you've never read Ultimate Spider-man, do yourself a favor and buy this RIGHT NOW! (thumbs u

I ordered this off Amazon a couple weeks ago and just got around to reading most of it. It's the 1st 39 issues and so far, I've read the 1st 30 the last couple days. HOLY mess!!! I gotta say it's about the best 30 issue run of comics I've ever read. If you have never read it or have but want it all in one book, I highly, HIGHLY recommend! (thumbs u

It's $99.99 retail I believe but you can get it for like $65 shipped off Amazon. $65 bucks for like 40 AWESOME books?!? It's about the best $65 bucks I've ever spent in this hobby.

If you've never read Ultimate Spider-man, do yourself a favor and buy this RIGHT NOW! (thumbs u

It's a fantastic read up to 80 or so issues into the run.

Ultimate Spider-man is a great read, glad you liked it (thumbs u

I freaking LOVED it!! The 1st 25-30 issues might be the best comics I've ever read. I know people loved them but just because they are 50 years old, the original ASM's are so freakin hokey, it's practically unreadable. The USM is just pure awesomeness taking the original issues and giving it a modern feel.

Any marvel fan that hasn't read it should treat themselves and buy this asap :preach:

Yep. It's a really fun series. I thought it kinda stated on the downturn around issue 40 or so. Although the Clone Saga storyline (in the #90-100 range) was pretty entertaining.

I was hesitant at first but read vols 1-20 of the trades that I picked up at various places for $2-3 ea. I thought it was FANTASTIC as well. I tried to get a Spidey collecting friend to read them and he flat out refused. Said he had no interest in the redoing of the Universe. He's an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, what can I say.

It's a fantastic read up to 80 or so issues into the run.

Indeed, I even liked the Clone Saga.

I didn't know there was a USM Omnibus either. I have the first two HC delux trades which repints the first 25-30 issues. I jumped onto the series pretty early though. Right when the Goblin was introduced (#5-6?).

I love the old SA stuff, but really thought they did a great job with USM. It's actually a "better read" than the source material.

I didnt know they had an omnibus for this. i had a run of 1-15 back in the day and never got around to reading it. Maybe this is a good jumping on point.

I'm pretty sure it's a fairly new release. I hadn't seen or heard of it before a few weeks ago (shrug)

as the owner of 12 (13? 14? how ever many there are) oversized HCs encapsulating the full run I'll say that Bendis's Ultimate Spidey run was the most consistantly great book over the last decade.

There were other titles with higher high points but Bendis/Bagley's 111 straight issues (and I cant think of a late one) was amazing to read from start to finish. Even Immonen replacing Bags for the rest of the run was pretty seamless...

If you are a fan of reading huge runs USM is a great way to go. One voice, one art style for 11 years is amazing...

That's a very good point. I didn't really think about it until you just said it but it definitely adds to the enjoyment of it at least for me to not have the art and the way the characters are drawn changing every 5 issues.

I didnt know they had an omnibus for this. i had a run of 1-15 back in the day and never got around to reading it. Maybe this is a good jumping on point.

I'm pretty sure it's a fairly new release. I hadn't seen or heard of it before a few weeks ago (shrug)

New as of last week or the week before, I believe.

It was a book consistently at or near the top of my read pile the first few years of the run.