• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sideshow Does It Again.... WOW! (UPDATED PICTURES)

38 posts in this topic

Man! I cant believe the Great Ultron is only 21 inches! It freaking dwarfs the Bowens and the Thanos and Goliath Bowens are pretty dang big themselves! ???

They really do great work with these. I was VERY impressed with the Ultron and that Galactus, even with just a back shot, looks freaking awesome! I'm gonna have to figure out a way to swing that dang galactus and i'm not even a FF fan at all hm

bowen1.jpg

:o I'm not worthy (worship)

Remember... that is not what Galactus really looks like... that is what your human sensory is capable of comprehending as to what Galactus looks like.

On a side note... is that Silver Surfer part of the set? I am not into the statues but must admit that if SS comes as part of the package that is actually very cool.

Remember... that is not what Galactus really looks like... that is what your human sensory is capable of comprehending as to what Galactus looks like.

I'm sure the statue looks different to animals too

Galactuspov.PNG

You guys are :screwy: !!!

Compared to other statues, $800 is nothing for something that nice! ( not to mention a LOT of these statues hold their value as well or better than comics!)

No one wants $800 worth of nice comics more than me but its gonna be VERY hard for me to pass that thing up! Im not even really a Galactus fan but that thing is 50 different shades of AWESOME!!! :cloud9:

On a side note... is that Silver Surfer part of the set? I am not into the statues but must admit that if SS comes as part of the package that is actually very cool.

According to their website, a SS AND a Nova are included (shrug)

Can anyone explain why a statue like this is valued at $800? Is it a random number they come up with based on previous sales? Is it based on how limited they are?

I had a friend who was big into statues years and years ago (when the first resins were becoming popular) and I always wondered why mass produced resin statues had similar values to small (unpainted) bronze statues of limited runs of 25 or 50.

In traditional sculpture, how a sculpture is produced factors into the price. Whether the artist sculpts the work in person or has it cast by a foundry also determine the cost. Techniques in the fabrication and the finish along with the type, quantity and specific grade of the material used affect the cost. Not to mention, the overall time it takes to actually sculpt the piece - along with the sculptors name recognition and notoriety.

I am not aware that these types of comic sculptures adhere to those traditional methods of pricing (other than the time it takes to hand paint) - but if they are, I would be interested in hearing about it, because I've always been curious.

And, just for the record, this Galactus piece is awesome.

Well, according to the site, its 33 inches tall and weighs 25lbs!!! :o

Thats more than twice as big as most Bowen statues so $800, while a LOT of money, actually seems kind of cheap (shrug)

Well, according to the site, its 33 inches tall and weighs 25lbs!!! :o

Thats more than twice as big as most Bowen statues so $800, while a LOT of money, actually seems kind of cheap (shrug)

This is an excellent appraisal method for suburban desktop art.

The inch & pound methodology of valuation.

Haha smartalec!

I was just saying in relation to every other superhero statue which usually run between $200-300 minimum despite being usually 1/3 to 1/2 the size (thumbs u

2 or 3 days ago one seller sold about 40 Bowen statues on eBay. Most of them were the 15 inch ones and had bigger production runs like this and like half of them went for between $350-600.

Compared to most of the Bowen 15inch statues, this isnt really expensive. granted Sideshow doesnt have the name recognition Bowen does but i dont think anyone who is familiar with Sideshows statues would say anything but they look AMAZING and the detail is unreal (shrug)