• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sparkle City Auction Thread

147 posts in this topic

I'm wondering how much my Cap 1 copy is worth now hm

whatever someone will pay you! :)

Probably not a bad time to be selling. Sell into strength and buy into weakness!

Tempting.. :insane:

Can always buy one back later if you so desire...least you have an idea of what it may be worth.

Question is though, if I do want to buy later, will it sell for less or more.. I don't want to pay more in the future if I decide to sell my copy.. Decisions, decisions

Kinda like this:

Every comic book will eventually be sold (or they'll all become worthless). So you have to ask yourself...is this the best book to hold at the moment or is there something better? If there's something better, then maybe you sell what you have and take another position. if not, hang on for the ride!

Never a bad book to own though...Cap 1 :cloud9:

Great outlook and advise.. This is something I have to think about.

No you don't - if I won it meant I was going to be doing nothing but eBay sales for three months to replace the money out of my savings account along with not buying anything for the rest of the year.

I would probably wind up selling one of my other copies as well.

I wish I had that problem! lol

You can't be talking like that. You're Wayne Enterprises for Pete's sake! :grin:

Edited by Rip

Probably not a bad time to be selling. Sell into strength and buy into weakness!

Can always buy one back later if you so desire...least you have an idea of what it may be worth.

Question is though, if I do want to buy later, will it sell for less or more.. I don't want to pay more in the future if I decide to sell my copy.. Decisions, decisions

Kinda like this:

Every comic book will eventually be sold (or they'll all become worthless). So you have to ask yourself...is this the best book to hold at the moment or is there something better? If there's something better, then maybe you sell what you have and take another position. if not, hang on for the ride!

I look at CGC books like this (and I'm not saying your book is slabbed):

CGC has turned comics into somewhat of a tradeable item. These books, while not truly like stocks traded on an exchange, are very similar and have minute differences. A ASM 1 4.0 should sell for relatively the same as another ASM 1 4.0. The difference is a buyers subjectivity, which is why you have various prices for the same book.

Services like GPA gather info and users (myself included) can attempt to project a path to where a book may be headed. Of course there are blips in the road but it's somewhat consistent.

So once a mark has been established, you have to decide if it's correct, low or high and make your decision accordingly.

BTW, I'd love to be in your position! (thumbs u

Kinda like this:

I look at CGC books like this (and I'm not saying your book is slabbed):

CGC has turned comics into somewhat of a tradeable item. These books, while not truly like stocks traded on an exchange, are very similar and have minute differences. A ASM 1 4.0 should sell for relatively the same as another ASM 1 4.0. The difference is a buyers subjectivity, which is why you have various prices for the same book.

Services like GPA gather info and users (myself included) can attempt to project a path to where a book may be headed. Of course there are blips in the road but it's somewhat consistent.

So once a mark has been established, you have to decide if it's correct, low or high and make your decision accordingly.

BTW, I'd love to be in your position! (thumbs u

(thumbs u

I'm not making an accusation, but something seems a bit off if you look at the number of bids and the low feedback numbers those bidders have. Not too long ago I sold a 9.6 OW/W for $350 and less than 2 weeks after that someone sold a 9.6 W for $250. I can't believe the Thanos fever has gotten even hotter then since right after the Avengers movie (shrug)

I'm not making an accusation, but something seems a bit off if you look at the number of bids and the low feedback numbers those bidders have. Not too long ago I sold a 9.6 OW/W for $350 and less than 2 weeks after that someone sold a 9.6 W for $250. I can't believe the Thanos fever has gotten even hotter then since right after the Avengers movie (shrug)

I will agree that something appears a bit "off" on the bidding history on that one.

The last Superman 1 cgc 2.0 sold at $19,120 (2010)

The last Batman 1 cgc 2.0 sold at $22,726 (2011)

The last Cap 1 cgc 2.0 sold at $24,100 (last night)

Captain America is right there with the big boys.

Except for Action 1 & Tec 27 this is most likely the highest selling 2.0 of all time. I can't wait to see what the next "higher grade" Cap 1 goes for. 1 mil?

It looks like it was dropped on the same corner as the Doom Patrol I won.

Edit - maybe it's a scanner effect, since so many of the auctions look about the same....,

I came away with this modest win. Just an upgrade to my old (but nice) label 8.5 w/OW pages.

$(KGrHqVHJBUE+MwEdmFPBP3m(1(y1w~~60_57.JPG

Edited by lizards2

I came away with this modest win. Just an upgrade to my old (but nice) label 8.5 w/OW pages.

$(KGrHqVHJBUE+MwEdmFPBP3m(1(y1w~~60_57.JPG

Great book, congrats!

I had my eye on the Marvel Mystery Comics #84 CGC 9.0, It sold for $4567.00 :ohnoez:

Considering a CGC 8.5 sold for $1600 last year, that 9.0 price is pretty impressive.

I guess I'll have to remain happy with my 8.0 copy.

Sparklecity is now carrying books by reputation... check out X-Men 142 in a 9.8. Sparklecity's copy is currently at just above $200.

Another seller has a BIN at around $175 that also includes free shipping that is just sitting there.

I could have swore the BC image they had up yesterday had pieces plastic floating around. Note the slight tanning on the BC, left edge and bottom edge.

In the past three years, there have been about 130 GPA recorded sales of this book in GPA. Last nights sale was the fourth highest for some reason.

1107269004a.jpg

1107269004b.jpg

The last Superman 1 cgc 2.0 sold at $19,120 (2010)

The last Batman 1 cgc 2.0 sold at $22,726 (2011)

The last Cap 1 cgc 2.0 sold at $24,100 (last night)

Captain America is right there with the big boys.

Except for Action 1 & Tec 27 this is most likely the highest selling 2.0 of all time. I can't wait to see what the next "higher grade" Cap 1 goes for. 1 mil?

It is impressive, but the recent Pep 22 2.0 sale smoked all of those at a whopping $35,850 :o

Prices were very strong in this SC auction.

I keep seeing we are in a weak economy but yet comic sales keep going up. hm

I've been thinking that prices have been really strong for the past couple months on eBay, at least for the sellers I haunt.

JSComics had a run of bronze Captain Savages that ended extremely strong, and if you looked at some of the ceiling bids, at least a couple guys were putting in amazing bids. #7 in NM went for $40, #2 $59, #12 $27. How about Bomba the Jungle Boy #3 in NM for $27? I don't think you could get 1/2 of any of those prices in the sales forums.

SC auctions seem to be ending very strong indeed. I've only won the occasional book by extreme low-ballery. I couldn't resist the Doom Patrol 93 with white pages for about 3/4s OSPRG. Especially since it seems so many DPs have been ending high lately.

@CC: Why do you say "They’ll all become worthless"?

Worth of a comic book (or of a book) is not measured in money. The acquired monetary value is just an indicator.

Yeah, but there's no way of knowing whether or not people are buying with cash or with credit, or if they're buying and then having to dump a bunch of material to pay for it.

Yeah, but there's no way of knowing whether or not people are buying with cash or with credit, or if they're buying and then having to dump a bunch of material to pay for it.

That was sorta my plan---to ditch my ASMS if I could land the Cap1 at a sane price. I'm not sure that's necessarily the sign of an unhealthy market, though. People switch in and out of books all the time.