• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sparkle City Auction Thread

147 posts in this topic

I can't argue against the insanity, but here's some other hammer prices on ASMs in 9.9 from this year:

#239 3,501 (ComicLink)

#275 1,351 (ComicLink)

#298 1,532 (ComicLink)

#300 6,101 :insane: (ComicLink)

#312 825 (eBay)

#319 1,226 (eBay)

#323 1,136 (eBay)

Well here is where the debate starts...

I paid $60 for a copy of Amazing Spider-man 303 in a 9.8 earlier this year. Is a 9.9 of that copy really worth about $800-1000 more?

If your book will lose the vast majority of its 'value' the second it's cracked out, then you've overpaid.

I can't argue against the insanity, but here's some other hammer prices on ASMs in 9.9 from this year:

#239 3,501 (ComicLink)

#275 1,351 (ComicLink)

#298 1,532 (ComicLink)

#300 6,101 :insane: (ComicLink)

#312 825 (eBay)

#319 1,226 (eBay)

#323 1,136 (eBay)

Well here is where the debate starts...

I paid $60 for a copy of Amazing Spider-man 303 in a 9.8 earlier this year. Is a 9.9 of that copy really worth about $800-1000 more?

If your book will lose the vast majority of its 'value' the second it's cracked out, then you've overpaid.

Sage advice.

I had my eye on the Marvel Mystery Comics #84 CGC 9.0, It sold for $4567.00 :ohnoez:

Considering a CGC 8.5 sold for $1600 last year, that 9.0 price is pretty impressive.

I guess I'll have to remain happy with my 8.0 copy.

I bid $4550. It wasn't enough.

The last Superman 1 cgc 2.0 sold at $19,120 (2010)

The last Batman 1 cgc 2.0 sold at $22,726 (2011)

The last Cap 1 cgc 2.0 sold at $24,100 (last night)

Captain America is right there with the big boys.

Except for Action 1 & Tec 27 this is most likely the highest selling 2.0 of all time. I can't wait to see what the next "higher grade" Cap 1 goes for. 1 mil?

Anyone with a Superman 1 cgc 2.0 blue label - I'll pay $30,000 today and thank you profusely!!

Except for Action 1 & Tec 27 this is most likely the highest selling 2.0 of all time. I can't wait to see what the next "higher grade" Cap 1 goes for. 1 mil?

Anyone with a Superman 1 cgc 2.0 blue label - I'll pay $30,000 today and thank you profusely!!

Still looing for a Superman #1? :o Surprised no one has come forward yet to sell you a copy. Good luck!

Still looing for a Superman #1? :o Surprised no one has come forward yet to sell you a copy. Good luck!

I think it's very unlikely to find an unrestored Superman #1 for under guide these days. Copies in lower grades than 2.0 were already selling for close to $30k three years ago and the last 2.5 sold for $36.5k about 18 months ago. With all the crazy early Superman and Batman comics and generally the GA key books hype lately prices have gone up significantly within the last 18 months.

There is however an unrestored low grade Superman #1 in the upcoming CC auction if you don't mind the fatal pq.

Good luck with your search (thumbs u

I knew I should of held on to that 3.5 :pullhair:

21 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Bump!

How many of you folks have bought from here, and would again? Any experiences to share?

I've bought several times, but have concluded that it is habitually over-graded carp.  I still look, and it sure seems like everything is blatantly bumped 1-2 full grades.

24 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I've bought several times, but have concluded that it is habitually over-graded carp.  I still look, and it sure seems like everything is blatantly bumped 1-2 full grades.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that.  This last batch had some graded and raw books I was watching.  The raw, as you stated, were blatantly overgraded.  The two graded books I was watching had some very shilly bid history that made me stay away completely.  1 feedback bidder with 91% bid history and 0 wins...could be a coincidence, too, but somehow I doubt it.

2 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

Yuck. 

Bidders weren't believing the grade though. Sold for about the same as the last slabbed 5.0 according to GPA.

They are definitely doing something right since their feedback is very good and even that X-Men 3 went for $100 more then other copies in that actual grade range (5.0-6.0) that sold recently on E-Bay.  The 7.0 that sold for much less looks a ton better.  I guess volume sellers get higher prices.

58 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

They are definitely doing something right since their feedback is very good and even that X-Men 3 went for $100 more then other copies in that actual grade range (5.0-6.0) that sold recently on E-Bay.  The 7.0 that sold for much less looks a ton better.  I guess volume sellers get higher prices.

I'd be curious to know the percentage of their books that get returned.  Bad sellers can still get good feedback if they're processing returns without question, or issuing partial refunds to unsatisfied customers to avoid negative feedback.