• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FINALLY got my Ms Marvel!

86 posts in this topic

Btw COI, 120 full size statues?!? Holy mess!!! OCD much?!? :baiting:

lol

Seriously, this will be my 12th and I don't know where the hell I'll be able to put it! I can't imagine 120. Hell I can't even imagine 50!!! They have a really cool the Thing that is cheap but it's pretty big and I just don't have the room. There's like 15-20 more that I REALLY like but I have room for maybe 4-5 more at the absolute most so I have to be VERY selective from now on. I don't buy them as investments so it would be retarded for me to buy any that I can't even display.

120?!? Wow that's incredible! :o

How much were the Surfer and Ms. Marvel statues when they were initially released ?

I don't know. I'd guess SS was $250-299 and Ms Marvel was probably like $499 from what I've seen of the others. Hopefully COI will chime in since I'm sure he probably knows.

Btw COI, 120 full size statues?!? Holy mess!!! OCD much?!? :baiting:

lol

Seriously, this will be my 12th and I don't know where the hell I'll be able to put it! I can't imagine 120. Hell I can't even imagine 50!!! They have a really cool the Thing that is cheap but it's pretty big and I just don't have the room. There's like 15-20 more that I REALLY like but I have room for maybe 4-5 more at the absolute most so I have to be VERY selective from now on. I don't buy them as investments so it would be retarded for me to buy any that I can't even display.

120?!? Wow that's incredible! :o

I was buying and selling. I realized that by simply pre-ordering the right statues at retail, I could flip them easily for profit just a few months after their release and pay for my own collection + more. Rising shipping costs, the CAN $ and US $ hitting parity, and the increasing cost of storage ultimately made me get out, but I made some decent money. I kept around 30 of them for myself, but eventually realized there was no point because I wasn't displaying them, so I just sold them all.

How much were the Surfer and Ms. Marvel statues when they were initially released ?

I don't know. I'd guess SS was $250-299 and Ms Marvel was probably like $499 from what I've seen of the others. Hopefully COI will chime in since I'm sure he probably knows.

IIRC, it was $199.

Awesome statue Del.

Thank you!

I was pretty sure this was it for me and statues but right after i paid for it i went to my LCS and they just got THIS from someones personal collection

marvel_bowen_statue_silver_surfer_painted.jpg

In person, it is so shiny, you can see your reflection. Im not even that big of a Surfer fan but in person, it is just amazing looking. Maybe the nicest Bowen statue ive ever seen. The price tag was $750 though! :o

Luckily, thats too much for me but i have a BAD feeling in a few months, the owner will offer it to me for $500-600 and its gonna be REALLY hard to resist it at that price. For any Silver Surfer fans, it should be a must buy even at that price its just so amazing looking in person!

I am a huge Surfer fan,man that is one beauty statue. (worship)

IIRC, it was $199.

Really? That's pretty cheap considering how nice it is. I would have guessed at least $249 but I guess it could have been like 8-9 years ago so they were probably cheaper then.

Do you know how much the Ms Marvel was? The Sideshows are usually more expensive so I'd guess it was at least $325 at its release no?

Which way are you going to display it? I think I would have the in front.

I know right! lol

I mean what a shame it would be to NOT be able to see THIS!!!

booty.jpg

Lets just say i'm gonna have to put it somewhere where it can be easily turned around just in case i need to make sure everything is ok with the back of the statue hm It's pretty funny like i said in the 1st post. what is Ms marvel, like the 50th most popular superhero? AT BEST! probably closer to 100th. yet, her statue is so in demand it goes for more than double its release price.

Hmmmmm, now why would that be??? Theres only 1 logical answer :grin:

IIRC, it was $199.

Really? That's pretty cheap considering how nice it is. I would have guessed at least $249 but I guess it could have been like 8-9 years ago so they were probably cheaper then.

Do you know how much the Ms Marvel was? The Sideshows are usually more expensive so I'd guess it was at least $325 at its release no?

Prices starting going up around 2006-ish. I remember Randy Bowen issuing an email newsletter explaining the rising production costs and shipping costs, and that retail prices would be going up. Bowens used to be relatively inexpensive.

No idea on the Ms Marvel, I stopped buying/paying attention to statues 5+ years ago. When I stopped, Sideshow was just starting with its Marvel license. I've only owned 3 Sideshow pieces, the "vs dioramas" Wolvie vs Sabertooth, X-Men vs Sentinels, and Spidey vs Hulk.

It's no Ms. Marvel, but I paid $400 for my Bowen Moon Knight and that was with a custom paint job...

It didn't deem that unreasonable..

(not my pic, but same painter, same statue. :) )

mycustomdsc0034ss8.jpg

iirc, it was originally the all black variant that he pained the cape, cowl, etc. silver. Sadly neither the all black or the all white is comic-correct, so I had to find a custom one to match his actual colors.

Which way are you going to display it? I think I would have the in front.

I know right! lol

I mean what a shame it would be to NOT be able to see THIS!!!

booty.jpg

Nice Ascot!

reminds me of one of my fav childhood movie posters...

127665.jpg

:cloud9:

iirc, it was originally the all black variant that he pained the cape, cowl, etc. silver. Sadly neither the all black or the all white is comic-correct, so I had to find a custom one to match his actual colors.

Yeah, I hear ya. Obviously I'm a HUGE Avengers fan and especially all of Henry Pyms characters. A little while back I bought the big huge Giant-Man statue. The one I got has a red and blue uniform and of course a week later I find out that they also have a blue and yellow uniform which I like MUCH better. Not a huge deal but I would definitely prefer the blue and yellow so it's a little annoying. Oh well, what can you do, it's still freaking sweet no matter what color the uniform is.

Same with that Moon Knight. Yeah, it'd be awesome if the colors were just as they should be but that's still an AWESOME likeness so oh well (shrug)