• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Hawkman 4 that should have been

15 posts in this topic

I'm always interested in hidden gems in the comic collecting world. Certainly one book that comes to mind is Hawkman 4 which features the first appearance of magician/babe Zatanna. But, when you look at the cover, she's not even featured. So I was playing around at work today, and mocked this one up using Murphy Anderson's classic splash page as the cover.

Hawkman.jpg

Just think what this book would be worth with this iconic image as the actual cover.

Anyone else have any ideas of "covers that should have been"? I had fun doing this one, and would like to try another... Thoughts?

Hawkman_4.jpg

Here it is for comparison. The original cover is classic Anderson, but I'm trying to showcase the highlight of that issue.

Come to think of it, when was Zatanna's first cover? JLA?

I messed around with another one. I went with the splash page, which isn't the greatest. But it's from the correct issue.

OAW83f.jpg

Thoughts?

I'm always interested in hidden gems in the comic collecting world. Certainly one book that comes to mind is Hawkman 4 which features the first appearance of magician/babe Zatanna. But, when you look at the cover, she's not even featured. So I was playing around at work today, and mocked this one up using Murphy Anderson's classic splash page as the cover.

Hawkman.jpg

Just think what this book would be worth with this iconic image as the actual cover.

Thoughts?

That's fabulous! And much better than the actual cover used.

(thumbs u

Here's my actual copy:

15-10-201145607PM.jpg

:cool:

Hawkman.jpg

Thoughts?

That's fabulous! And much better than the actual cover used.

(thumbs u

Here's my actual copy:

15-10-201145607PM.jpg

:cool:

very sweet copy...mine just came back from CGC as an 8.0 (as predicted) :cloud9:

127860.jpg.9899dbb96f5bf9b7e6005b0c1eccaef6.jpg