• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw the new Spidey movie...

93 posts in this topic

Loved it. Definitely surpassed my expectations. If you're not into the love story it'll probably be one giant "meh." But if you like the noble romantic tragedy aspect, it works. I didn't think it was as good as Spider-Man 2, but waaaaay better than 1 & 3.

But if you like the noble romantic tragedy aspect, it works.

So it was Twilight...with spiders...

Thanks.

Thanks.

lol

.......and Lizards :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I respect others who didn't like it but I can't understand what movie you saw...

It blew away the first three Tobey movies and the visuals were incredible.

I really enjoyed it. The whole audience clapped at the end. Little kids were everywhere and many were pretending to be Spidey in the hall walking out of the movie.

I give it a solid B+. it wasn't perfect but sure was cool.

Thanks.

You're quite the stalwart curmudgeon! :baiting:

Thanks.

You're quite the stalwart curmudgeon! :baiting:

^^

These were my 2 favorite guesses for villain in Spidey 2 will be.

The man in the shadows is the Demogoblin, and Amazing Spider-Man 2 is going to be a hot ’90s mess.

The man in the shadows is the Jackal, and Amazing Spider-Man 2 is gonna be clones, clones, clones!

Just saw it on YouTube.

Probably the weakest post-credit scene they could have come up with! Reveals pretty much nothing about the upcoming sequel...how about revealing something to create some excitement for #2?

I for one would like to have seen a reboot where Uncle Ben lives. That would put a whole new spin on the Spider-Man mythos. Plus they could have had Charlie Sheen as Eddie Brock and Emilio Estevez as Ned Leeds.

Thanks.

The only similarity to Twilight was Andrew Garfield's hair.

Seriously, that romantic tragedy is what makes it work. It's why the death of Gwen Stacy, Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix, Electra, and the Silver Surfer/Shalla-bal storylines are so memorable.

This post discusses who the character in post credit scene might be.

I am dying to know who it was too and I just got back from seeing the film. Somebody here mentioned that Wikipedia says it is NO. I don't see that in the Wikipedia article when I look at it now. Maybe someone edited it in the meantime. Anyone can edit that site and write whatever they want.

I will say when he first started speaking, I thought it sounded like Willem Dafoe's voice, but by the end of the scene I thought, no it is not Dafoe's voice.

At one point, it even seemed to me like the guy might have been a figment of Connors' imagination.

My friend I saw it with thought she saw him holding a hat, but I don't remember that at all. Quick scene, dark theater, IMAX glasses - can be hard to get details. I think she is wrong.

I had a guess of who it is before the scene was over, and somebody else mentioned it above in this thread. Who is often seen surrounded by mist, and could teleport into a locked jail cell? The scene definitely had a spooky, other-worldly, surreal atmosphere.

My distant second guess would be some other kind of behind-the-scenes, pulling-strings type, like that dude from JMS's run - was his name Ezekiel?

Maybe someone should start a thread where people who have seen the movie can discuss it? If I gave too much away forget you read this, or let me know if I should edit the post.

It's a man in the shadows. It will be anyone that they want it to be by the time casting rolls around for the next movie.

Could it be Mysterio? Sure...

How about Norman Osborn? It could be him as well...

For all anyone knows it could be the Chameleon acting as an agent for Kraven.

I loved the movie, thought it was great. I think it was much better then the other 3. Only a few things bothered me. I think they should of kept Spidey's origin the same, also with the way uncle Ben dies as well. I also thought Peter Parker being a skate boarder was lame. Though the scene when he was skating and first playing around with his powers was cool. Garfield did play a good Peter in my opinion. Worth seeing. I did watch it in 3-D and didn't think it was 3-D worthy though....maybe just a few parts.

I must admit I had my fingers crossed going into this one, as the previews just didn't get me hyped. I must say, though, that I was pleasantly surprised. The visuals were superb, the acting was decent, and the fight scenes were outstanding. Did I mention the fight scenes were outstanding? Spidey moved like you would imagine him moving. The Stan scene was gold. Sure, I had a few small issues with it, and it wasn't perfect, but I wasn't really removed from the story, which counts for a lot.

Now, someone teach me how to use spoiler tags dammit so I can get into the nitty gritty.

For all anyone knows it could be the Chameleon acting as an agent for Kraven.

Well if they want to go the parents route they could replace Red Skull with Kraven since they can't use that character and it's not like Chameleon was never involved in a story line with the parents.

I felt pretty certain at the end who the guy in the shadows was, but having said that, they clearly left it open to be any number of people. Here's why I felt sure who he was based upon info earlier in the film:

The guy playing Conners' boss at Oscorp kept telling him that someone higher up in the company--presumably Norman Osborn since it's his company--wanted him to finish his research. When Connors later refused to test his serum on humans, he was told by this guy that the same thing would happen to him that happened to Peter's father if he didn't run the tests, implying that this high-up at Oscorp had Parker killed or otherwise removed from his normal life. At the end, the person talking to Connors clearly knows what happened to Peter's father when he asks Connors if he told Peter what happened to him. Given that the high-up at Oscorp was the most likely person who would care about that and given that this high-up is almost certainly Norman Osborn, the clear guess would be the guy in the shadows was Norman Osborn.

There are two other reasons to think this guy is Osborn. First, as someone suggested earlier, his voice sounds cackling and semi-insane and very similar to the voice Willem Dafoe used for the Goblin in the original Spider-Man film--this is likely an allusion to the character the directory intentionally built into the scene. Second, this role of Norman Osborn as the head of Oscorp who was aware of and highly interested in Peter Parker and Spider-Man mirrors the design of Norman Osborn from the Ultimate Spider-Man storyline, and many of the elements of this film (and Raimi's 2002 film as well) were borrowed from the Ultimate storyline, so it's reasonable to suspect that the Norman Osborn from this film could easily be largely lifted from that same place, making him the leading candidate to be the guy in the shadows.