• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw the new Spidey movie...

93 posts in this topic

Just got back, awesome flick! The strength over Raimi's films was the CGI and sense of action...we've never seen a Spidey on film this fast, agile, creative, jokey, and strong. I've been wanting to jump over car hoods and swing from tree branches for an hour now. :whee:

Actually what the movie had me wanting to do is called "parkour" these days...I think I'm going to look into doing it. I've always enjoyed hopping over and swinging from objects, so this might be right up my alley. hm

Having not seen the movie my guess is that the guy in the shadows is Peter's father.

He asks Connors if he told Peter what happened to his father, so that's extremely unlikely--if it was his father, he'd phrase it as "what happened to me".

Having not seen the movie my guess is that the guy in the shadows is Peter's father.

He asks Connors if he told Peter what happened to his father, so that's extremely unlikely--if it was his father, he'd phrase it as "what happened to me".

Unless his father is secretly Cal.

It's only a matter of a certain point of view. Ask Luke about that mess Obi-Wan pulled.

It's only a matter of a certain point of view. Ask Luke about that mess Obi-Wan pulled.

Exactly.

Obi-Wan did that to hide the truth about Vader's identity from Luke--how does that apply to the guy in the shadows talking to Connors about Parker's father? Connors can see the guy right there in the room with him, so he knows who he is...who would the guy in the shadows be trying to hide his identity from? You could say the audience, but that'd be very bad writing to structure the phrase specifically to deceive the audience. Norman Osborn just makes more sense.

Obi-Wan did that to hide the truth about Vader's identity from Luke--how does that apply to the guy in the shadows talking to Connors about Parker's father? Connors can see the guy right there in the room with him, so he knows who he is...who would the guy in the shadows be trying to hide his identity from? You could say the audience, but that'd be very bad writing to structure the phrase specifically to deceive the audience. Norman Osborn just makes more sense.

Just saw the scene on a commercial on FX. Definitely could be anyone including Peter's father. I'm thinking it's Norman though.

You shouldn't take the things I say so literally. I haven't even seen the movie and I am just basically busting balls.

I thought the beginning was weak but we both agreed it was much better than The Avengers.

The romance parts and the origin related to Ben dying undoubtedly appeal more to non-comics fans, and that was just as true with Raimi's 2002 version. I'm glad I didn't go to The Avengers with my girlfriend who hates comics and action films, but I felt better about taking her to see Amazing Spider-Man as I think it has a broader and more universal appeal.

I respect others who didn't like it but I can't understand what movie you saw...

It blew away the first three Tobey movies and the visuals were incredible.

I really enjoyed it. The whole audience clapped at the end. Little kids were everywhere and many were pretending to be Spidey in the hall walking out of the movie.

I give it a solid B+. it wasn't perfect but sure was cool.

+1+1+1

I probably should know this since being here for a while, but why cant i see the spoilers things everyone puts? Do I have to switch something on? Or am I really stupid and no one knows what im talking about lol ?

Saw it last night with a friend and my son. Thought it was OK. Not near as good as Spider-Man 2, but at least not the train wreck that was Spidey 3.

Things I didn't like:

(Spoilers) Spending roughly the first hour of the movie retelling the origin. Most movie goers I am sure remember the story from Spidey 1 (not so long ago). Thought it really slowed down the pace of the movie.

Action scenes with the Lizard. Compare those scenes with the action scenes with spidey/doc octopus, just no comparison.

The new Aunt May. Sally Fields is a great actress, but I just didn't buy her as Aunt May. Not near old/frail enough.

No Daily Bugle/JJJ? Why?

Thing I liked:

Emma Stone! Wow! Talk about an improvement over Dunst! I thought the Peter/Gwen scenes were extremely well done.

Over all I give it a B, B-.

Of course, I am so excited about Batman coming up in two weeks I suppose I was bound not to get to excited about it! Can't wait! :D

Enjoyed the movie. It spent a ton of time on character development. If you love end to end action movies you might be disappointed.

Best Stan Lee appearance yet.

I thought this movie was phenominal and really enjoyed it to the bitter end a definite A+ in my book and I thought it was much my favorite Spidey movie of all the rest,best thing of all my expectations weren't very high and was quite pleased in that regard of enjoying it so much!As far as comparing it to the Avengers Movie I really couldnt as Spidey is my fav,but really I just didnt enjoy the Avengers Movie quite as much this new Spidey Movie.perspective I dont know Spidey Movie rocked and Looking forward to seeing it another time probably DVD!

David

Davidking623

I just got back an I thought the movie was great. Easily the best Spidey movie made yet. It actually had a plot and back stories woven in. Emma Stone was a dead ringer for Gwen Stacey.

The other movies IMO were too cartooney. I thought Andrew Garfield was a good Peter Parker. Not being a big actor worked in his favor. Tobey MaGuire was good but he was a Movie Star, vs' just a character actor. Movie was also darker and the CGI has improved immensely.

Avengers was very well done, but it turned into a massive action movie which is fine. Spider man was a more of a dramatic movie and had a cast of great actors to support it. Avengers had Movie Stars in roles.

I think they set the movie up well to make it a longer running series, Spidey has the best villains and they have not even scratched the surface.