• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw the new Spidey movie...

93 posts in this topic

i saw it at imax today. imax is out of this world. i love imax. i thought the movie was very good. i thought everything about it was better then any of the previous 3 movies.

i feel pretty confident that the next villian will be n.o. i waited with hopes there would be something after the movie to let us in on it. i think the guy in the cell with connors was just something in his mind. there was nothing that i saw that made me think it was some future villian. i think it simply showed how he had lost his mind completely.

Just got back from the movie. Both my wife and I thought it was great. Thumbs up for Emma Stone and Denis Leary. I actually really liked Andrew Garfield better as Peter. I was super happy to see the mechanical web-shooters back :)

The wife and I just got back from the theater. The wow factor would have been higher for me, if I had not read this thread prior to going to see it.

But still, it was the best of the Spidey movies thus far, IMO. My wife can not remember the previous Spidey movies she has seen. :screwy:

While at the theater, I purchased tickets to see the Dark Knight midnight showing on July 19th.

From E Online

The Amazing Spider-Man reboot is taking.

After a strong midnight start, the film scored a $35 million opening day, its studio estimated, the most ever for a Tuesday debut.

Among movies from the franchise's Tobey Maguire era, The Amazing Spider-Man's opener was in the neighborhood of Spider-Man's and Spider-Man 2's.

RELATED: Amazing Spider-Man rises at midnight

Spider-Man posted a $39.4 million opening day back in 2002; Spider-Man 2, which was also a Fourth of July weekend entry, scored $40.4 million in 2004. (Both takes were obviously not 3-D-enhanced.)

Spider-Man 3, the biggest-opening of all the Spider-Man movies to date, blasted out of the gate with nearly $60 million in 2007.

Being a reboot, The Amazing Spider-Man is best judged against other reboots.

So far, the Andrew Garfield-Emma Stone adventure has blown away the starts by Superman Returns ($21 million, including pre-opening night sneaks) and Batman Begins ($15.1 million).

Among 2012 films, the opening day is the third-biggest after those posted by The Avengers and The Hunger Games.

As for the opening-day Tuesday record: In the annals of Hollywood history, a small, and mostly non-illustrious group of films have debuted on that day, per BoxOfficeMojo.com stats, but The Amazing Spider-Man still had to get past the one legit blockbuster of the bunch: the original Transformers.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/news/amazing_spider-mans_opening_day_where/327854#ixzz1zi23qyZJ

The kid they got to play Spider-man in this new re-boot was no pun intended is amazing. Peter Parker is supposed to be an EMO/twilight kid. Re-read the original 60's issues.

Peter Parker in the original '60s issues was a nerdy square, not a skateboarding, hoodie-wearing, brooding emo kid. :makepoint:

I thought the new film was a B- at best. The origin retelling was unnecessarily long, I didn't relate to Garfield or Stone or their relationship that came together so effortlessly, the Lizard was a bit lame, there were some ridiculous plot points, one major plot thread didn't get resolved, it often seemed cheap and low budget at times (like the scene on the bridge in the trailer, at the school and the NYC evac - very little sound or visuals that suggested the necessary levels of chaos and pandemonium at all, just totally and utterly unconvincing), and it just seemed like it regressed the whole genre back 10 years after the tour de force that was The Avengers.

I would be tempted to rate the film below Spidey 3, except for that film's three absolutely unforgivable words: "I...FORGIVE YOU." :mad:

I thought the movie showed he was a nerdy kid...a loner who is no good with girls...picked on by flash and quiet...

They updated it for PP to be a typical modern teenage boy. They still like skateboards. I see 16-17 year kids in my neighborhood and PP pulled off a modern teen in my opinion.

I dont know much about the Ultimate spidey, but i think this was more that than the original, or more likely taken from both series if you will. Cant wait to see it again this weekend

I thought it was much better than the first 3. I agree with those who cite the Stan appearance as a highlight...it is truly great. Is the movie perfect? By no means. However, it was fun and even smart in parts and Garfield was great compared to totally terrible Toby.

I am also wondering who was in the cell with Conners at the end...

I thought it was much better than the first 3. I agree with those who cite the Stan appearance as a highlight...it is truly great. Is the movie perfect? By no means. However, it was fun and even smart in parts and Garfield was great compared to totally terrible Toby.

I am also wondering who was in the cell with Conners at the end...

I gotta say it seems obvious its Osborn. Hes talked about alot in the movie but not shown. He would be powerful enough to be able to just walk into the cell with Conners and have a conversation ( I think when your a billionaire exceptions are made) and lastly Conners directly worked for him, plus the hat and voice had to be him IMHO

I thought the new film was a B- at best. The origin retelling was unnecessarily long, I didn't relate to Garfield or Stone or their relationship that came together so effortlessly, the Lizard was a bit lame, there were some ridiculous plot points, one major plot thread didn't get resolved, it often seemed cheap and low budget at times (like the scene on the bridge in the trailer, at the school and the NYC evac - very little sound or visuals that suggested the necessary levels of chaos and pandemonium at all, just totally and utterly unconvincing), and it just seemed like it regressed the whole genre back 10 years after the tour de force that was The Avengers.

I would be tempted to rate the film below Spidey 3, except for that film's three absolutely unforgivable words: "I...FORGIVE YOU." :mad:

Really, which one? I must have missed that. PM me or throw up a spoiler tag to avoid giving anything away to those that haven't seen it.