• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 5 Dc vs Top 5 Marvel Villains

61 posts in this topic

Marvel

Thanos

Dr. Doom

Magneto

Norman Osborn / Green Goblin (Like the Joker and Lex Luthor all rolled into one)

Apocalypse

DC

Darkseid

Joker

Black Adam

Lex Luthor

I dunno... Zod?

Black Adam is in this

I like how Mark Hamill has set the standard for live action, computer generated, cartoon Jokers. He may not be doing the voice in this game but whoever is doing the voice is using Hamill's style.

The voice for Superman just doesn't click with me. Sounds more villain than hero.

Luckily IGN ranked the top 100 villians. The top 5 Marvel are (according to them) Magneto, Doctor Doom, Galactus, Loki and Dark Phoenix. The top 5 DC are the Joker, Lex Luthor, Darkseid, Ra's Al Ghul, and Catwoman. In a straight up fight I'd have to take the Marvel villians, in most interesting I'd have to take the DC villians.

IGN's Top 100 villians.

Black Adam is in this

I like how Mark Hamill has set the standard for live action, computer generated, cartoon Jokers. He may not be doing the voice in this game but whoever is doing the voice is using Hamill's style.

The voice for Superman just doesn't click with me. Sounds more villain than hero.

It's Mark Hamill, Superman is Adam Baldwin

I think it would be more fun if we did this with really weak villians--

Marvel

Stiltman

Rocket Racer

Paste Pot Pete

The Porcupine

The Owl

VS

DC

???

I don't know the DC universe well enough to pick five weak villians.

Black Adam is in this

So it is! I enjoy his work as the Joker.

What about which villain would it be best to work for as a henchman in both DC and Marvel?

Like who completes the best robberies, most groupies, least likelihood of getting caught or shot or a batarang in the face etc....

there is a short film out called Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam, its only 22 minutes but its a decent watch

+1 its on netflix.

It's a cool short film to learn about the origin of Captain Marvel and to see some action, but Black Adam is not depicted as a cool villain. He is drawn ugly and the ending is not very interesting. However, it IS a beautiful origin story and they've made Billy Batson (Cap Marvel) a really fun character. (thumbs u

Depends on what is meant by "top". If we are talking about a combination of intelligence & strength, for Marvel it would have to be Doom, for DC it would have to be Luthor. I'm not even considering the "cosmic" type characters because they are on a different scale.

If written correctly Marvel's most powerful should be Molecule Man. He can literally control molecules. Doom was clever enough to steal a cosmic being's power so that should count for something.

I find Black Adam facinating. Considering this was a character from the 40's who didn't appear in comics again until the 70's and is now one of DC's most powerful characters...I dunno. Pretty damn cool as well as the fact that his costume is bad-.

What about which villain would it be best to work for as a henchman in both DC and Marvel?

Like who completes the best robberies, most groupies, least likelihood of getting caught or shot or a batarang in the face etc....

Ras Al Gul

In fact I want to change my original answer...

Ras Al Gul is perhaps the best DC villain - still the most underutilized.

Black Adam is in this

How come WB don't make a movie out of the animation?? I think it would look pretty cool.

I think this is kinda boring.

These are all the most powerful villains.

What would be better, would be the 'top' villains as the thread title states rather than some geezers who have, like, boringly omnipotent powers.

Like Joker, Brainiac, Sinestro, Black Adam and Mirror Master (so sue me) for DC.

Vs

Kingpin, Green Goblin, Magneto, Doctor Doom and Doctor Octopus for Marvel.

exactly, i'd go for DC win in those, i was hoping more people would chime in with their top 5's

It took almost the entire DC Universe to stop Black Adam just a couple years ago. He is undoubtedly one of the most powerful characters in the DCU and probably only second to the Spectre and characters alike.

However, I am not sure if he could be considered a villain as he is following his own path of "justice". Granted, he is going rogue way too often and doesn't care about anything or anyone during that moment, even killing 2.000.000 million of his own people, but he gives into reason if he's not looking for revenge and is even willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good.

He is a very brutal, but extremely interesting character!

All about Black Adam

George.

was that the WWIII storyline? if so i have just ordered it

(thumbs u

Unfortunately the WWIII storyline has a lot of gaps and is not that great in general, but it shows the potential of Black Adams powers. However, if you like to read more about him and get to know his character a bit better you'd have to read the 52 storyline. They did quite a good job developing his character in that storyline.

George.

The only reason why 52 was so successful is because of Black Adam.

My favorite part was when Black Adam took on DC mad scientists. Now that was awesome.

It took almost the entire DC Universe to stop Black Adam just a couple years ago. He is undoubtedly one of the most powerful characters in the DCU and probably only second to the Spectre and characters alike.

However, I am not sure if he could be considered a villain as he is following his own path of "justice". Granted, he is going rogue way too often and doesn't care about anything or anyone during that moment, even killing 2.000.000 million of his own people, but he gives into reason if he's not looking for revenge and is even willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good.

He is a very brutal, but extremely interesting character!

All about Black Adam

George.

Yes, he did take on allot of heroes, but in Final Crisses he fought Superboy Prime and it wasn't much of a fight.

Then again...he never put in a real test against Darkseid, Superman, Wonder Woman, and even Superboy Prime.

Depends on what is meant by "top". If we are talking about a combination of intelligence & strength, for Marvel it would have to be Doom, for DC it would have to be Luthor. I'm not even considering the "cosmic" type characters because they are on a different scale.

If written correctly Marvel's most powerful should be Molecule Man. He can literally control molecules. Doom was clever enough to steal a cosmic being's power so that should count for something.

I find Black Adam facinating. Considering this was a character from the 40's who didn't appear in comics again until the 70's and is now one of DC's most powerful characters...I dunno. Pretty damn cool as well as the fact that his costume is bad-.

Some artists make that costume work

2262601-black_adam_is_a_god.jpg

Black Adam is an awesome character

Definitely not Heath Ledger's Joker.

I am not sure if his lackeys survived the opening credits.