• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead #100 15 Covers

486 posts in this topic

I think the main 9 (including the chrome cover) will become like Xmen 1 did back in the day. At first it will command some attention then it will just drop once we realize everyone already has at least one copy.

I think the special event one and the three unknowns will be the ones that will hold there value.

^^

Is anyone really interested in a blank for TWD???

What would you get and who would you get to sketch on it?

hell yeah! I'd get the Governor!

+1 I'd love another one.

Here's my #75 blank with Governor vs. Michonne by Cliff Rathburn (Walking Dead grey tone artist & Invincible inker):

GovernorvsMichonnesketchcover-1.jpg

This one was done on a backing board I put a Walking Dead label on ahead of time. I wanted the sketch cover look, but didn't have another blank at the time.

Michonne & Andrea by Charlie Adlard:

AndreaMichonne1.jpg

Hopefully, the cover surface for the 100 blank is better for sketches than the #75 cover was.

330k is a huge number no doubt but if that is the total number of issues printed for the first run and assuming an even split on the printing across eight issues we have 41,250 printed of each cover. Depending on how collectors view this that is not such a large number.

These could still have some legs IMO

330k is a huge number no doubt but if that is the total number of issues printed for the first run and assuming an even split on the printing across eight issues we have 41,250 printed of each cover. Depending on how collectors view this that is not such a large number.

Yeah but stores were able to order specific amounts of each cover. So the cover with the most demand will most likely have the highest print run as well. If the most popular cover reaches WD 99's print run the likelihood of a price bump diminishes. 2c

But then again, nothing would surprise me with this book at this point. lol

Yeah but stores were able to order specific amounts of each cover. So the cover with the most demand will most likely have the highest print run as well. If the most popular cover reaches WD 99's print run the likelihood of a price bump diminishes. 2c

But then again, nothing would surprise me with this book at this point. lol

Understood, that's why I said "assuming an even split", an even split on the printing would explain why some titles have sold out at the distro level. If not an even split then the covers will have a lower print run and in time be somewhat harder to find. Again I was just breaking it down and considering some variables. Time will tell how it plays out.

Anyone know how many of the walking dead experience comics are going to be given out?

We can figure around 1500 print run for the 1:200 variant if 300k are being printed.

I think the big question is is anything important actually going to occur in this issue or is it just issue 100 hype...

Honestly I think the one book that is going to stand out over time, is going to be the Something to Fear cover. It's going to match the set, and be its own little subset like the red covers. Say what you want about about how they appear to be Adlards way of using more shortcuts, enough of us collectors have the OCD where we are big fans of stuff that match :screwy:

Jim

"I'm looking forward to seeing if any of the 8 regular diamond solicited books will have any value in the secondary market a year from now because of low print run".

Hello Boards! Long time voyeur, first time poster.

I read earlier (over at Bleeding Cool) that 3 out of the 8 covers had sold out, (those by McFarlane, Phillips and Ottley) with the other 5 covers remaining available for re-order. Perhaps this is indicative of lower print run?

WTTB!

"I'm looking forward to seeing if any of the 8 regular diamond solicited books will have any value in the secondary market a year from now because of low print run".

Hello Boards! Long time voyeur, first time poster.

I read earlier (over at Bleeding Cool) that 3 out of the 8 covers had sold out, (those by McFarlane, Phillips and Ottley) with the other 5 covers remaining available for re-order. Perhaps this is indicative of lower print run?

No.

Total print run, INCLUDING the different variables are ( allegedly) nudging 230,000.

Thats according to my LCS who order direct from USA distributors.

Someone said on another post 330k.

I'd be amazed if either is true as the last 20 episodes averaged 38,000 per month in pre-orders.

Our order went from 15 to 200 and we're 5 copies from sold out.

Times that by a lot of retailers and I think over 300,000 is probably realistic.

2c

Honestly I think the one book that is going to stand out over time, is going to be the Something to Fear cover. It's going to match the set, and be its own little subset like the red covers

Yup.

It may not become valuable but it's going to be the first one that people should get if they want a basic run.

Hi folks. :hi:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the first eight regular TWD #100 covers just "alternate covers" with no established print runs to differentiate them from?

Meaning CGC will possibly just give one slot for one of them in the Registry, leaving seven without (Image's Noble Causes #3 is the only one I can think of that got variant status). Basically, you pick which one you want to use (I don't think there will be a Ottley variant slot, Phillips variant slot, etc). I also believe the note on label might read "Eight different covers exist" or something like that.

Something to think about when buying graded sets here and there. Surprised, no one has brought this up yet. If you are a completist, you still can add an unused book's image in the obverse gallery shot though. That still will make a set look rockin' in my opinion. :)

Fwiw, word as of yesterday was that all but two of the solicited covers had sold out -- the Adlard cover A and the Chromium wraparound were still reorderable.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/07/06/walking-dead-100-sells-out-of-all-but-two-covers/

I think it's a strong possibility we're going to hear about a complete sellout on Monday.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the first eight regular TWD #100 covers just "alternate covers" with no established print runs to differentiate them from?

Meaning CGC will possibly just give one slot for one of them in the Registry, leaving seven without (Image's Noble Causes #3 is the only one I can think of that got variant status). Basically, you pick which one you want to use (I don't think there will be a Ottley variant slot, Phillips variant slot, etc). I also believe the note on label might read "Eight different covers exist" or something like that.

I can see CGC appeasing TWD fans and adding all these slots. You can order each covers individually from diamond and on the shipping calender, they do differentiate the covers for next week.

We'll find out for sure when the first slabs come back in a few weeks if each cover artist is denoted o the label.

I can see CGC appeasing TWD fans and adding all these slots.

:roflmao:

You can order each covers individually from diamond and on the shipping calender, they do differentiate the covers for next week.
:wishluck:

We'll find out for sure when the first slabs come back in a few weeks if each cover artist is denoted o the label.
hm

Hi Gemma,

Can you add this Batman 619 variant cover to the Batman Hush set:

Batman 619 Heroes Gatefold Variant:

487a6e1420d69_71565n.jpg

Thanks so much!

cheer_you.gif

Jerome

Please ignore the above request. It looks like I posted the wrong pic Gemma, my apologies.

There are two batman 619 variants. The one currently in the registry looks like this:

$(KGrHqUOKnQE1ReQM)fYBNWwzLJNvQ~~_35.GIF

The one I want to add looks like this:

9298_35.JPG

If you can add it, that would complete the set! Thank you! (worship)

Jerome

It is not listed as a separate variant because the CGC label just notes 2 variants exist, so I can't create a separate slot.

Since there are more people participating now, we may as well get the IDW TMNT set correct. This one is tough because there are SO many variant. :ohnoez:

Issue #1 only has 1 slot available for the following 4 variants:

th_TMNT01CoverA.jpgth_TMNT01CoverB.jpgth_TMNT01CoverC.jpgth_TMNT01CoverD.jpg

It should be split into 4 different slots, one for each cover (covers A, B, C, & D).

The blank sketchcover should also be included in the registry. I know there was a Detroit Fanfare blank, but I'm talking about the retailer incentive blank. It was limited to 500 copies and Kevin Eastman controls the whole run. Most were sent out raw but to my knowledge, there were 10 that were SS'd and who knows how many were sent in for qualified labels.

I tried to request the same thing for True Blood since there were covers A-D. I was told since they weren't specified as variants on the label by CGC then I was out of luck. :(

I hope you can get it put in that way for the Turtle books because they all deserve their own spot. :wishluck:

Unfortunately these are not labeled as separate variants (like the True Blood books) so they cannot be separated on the registry.

Here's a neat thread too...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=40&Number=5636278&Searchpage=1&Main=256422&Words=split&topic=0&Search=true#Post5636278

:eek:

:wishluck:

:foryou:

I guess it all boils down on what's on each TWD "variant" book's barcode number or something they find on the internet. If they are all have the same imfo (I really do not know CGC's secret for tracking down it's variant imformation - since Newsstand Barcodes that are different can be acknowledged as Direct Editions on holder labels), I still think there will only be one Registry slot (for potential set holders) available for the regular covers. You see this a lot from CGC when alternate covers (see regular IDW "variant" covers) are called "Cover A", "Cover B", "Cover C" etc. My 2c