• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long Live Partarooper: Non-Traditional Collection Themes

33 posts in this topic

In honor of our brother Paratrooper selling off his vaunted Paratrooper collection, I wanted to see if there were any other amazing non-traditional collections/themes out there that rivaled Para's scope, depth and history... (doubt any rival, but who's the new big-themed collector with Para stepping down?)

"appearances by..." are welcome, but I'm most interested in the very unusual themes, motifs or such....

I'd like a little more background on Paratroopers collection. Any relevant threads to suggest?

His thread in Gold is the one you want. But I am not looking it up and linking it. So eat it.

I'd like a little more background on Paratroopers collection. Any relevant threads to suggest?

His thread in Gold is the one you want. But I am not looking it up and linking it. So eat it.

His thread is here.

He has a huge collection of books spanning the ages of any and all covers with paratroopers/parachutes.

He can come on and give a better description of his personal collecting guidelines if he wants (I remember him posting about this as some point, but I couldn't find it).

I love the fact that he had GA books, not-quite-comic books, and modern books all in the same collection.

I like the ones and have focused on covers featuring the words "Marvel comics".

I have amassed literally thousands and all of them have this same theme. Not only is it fun but it helps to avoid what i've found to be extreme drekkiness that can be found on books that say things like "DC comics" "Image Comics" or god knows what else (thumbs u

:devil:

I like the ones and have focused on covers featuring the words "Marvel comics".

I have amassed literally thousands and all of them have this same theme. Not only is it fun but it helps to avoid what i've found to be extreme drekkiness that can be found on books that say things like "DC comics" "Image Comics" or god knows what else (thumbs u

:devil:

Dontcha wish your comics were hot like these? Dontcha?

IMG00495-20110815-2317.jpg

IMG00498-20110815-2318.jpg

In honor of our brother Paratrooper selling off his vaunted Paratrooper collection, I wanted to see if there were any other amazing non-traditional collections/themes out there that rivaled Para's scope, depth and history... (doubt any rival, but who's the new big-themed collector with Para stepping down?)

"appearances by..." are welcome, but I'm most interested in the very unusual themes, motifs or such....

Does this apply only to comics? Or does art count too?

Pokerkid collects comics with people playing cards (or just cards) on the cover

I thought he sold off those books last year.

Yeah, I remember the sales thread.

Yeah, I remember the sales thread.

Okay, he collected comics with cards on the cover