• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Dark Knight Rises vs Amazing Spider-man

134 posts in this topic

Now that we know the real first week numbers of ASM will the Dark Knight overshadow him?

Yes

No

Who Cares

Crack

not sure how to add the poll html on this thread, so I'll go with what I have.

My two cents is DK, ASM's reboot was not up to par IMHO.

I chose ICE.
I'm on the wagon until the holidays :sorry:

I buy mine from a Chemistry teacher who has cancer. I'm helping out his family.

The blue stuff? I've heard good things.

I chose ICE.
I'm on the wagon until the holidays :sorry:

I buy mine from a Chemistry teacher who has cancer. I'm helping out his family.

The blue stuff? I've heard good things.

He's got a new baby and he's helping a young man find his way, and you wouldn't believe the quality of his product, so you know, it just feels right.

Even if it isn't a better movie, i think DKR will have a better opening weekend. Just a bigger name and more of a following with the general/non-collecting public.

I'll be pretty shocked if it doesnt do better opening weekend and overall than ASM. And yes, it will not come close to touching the Avengers (thumbs u

If the reviews are fantastic, Rises will blow ASM away. If the reviews are mixed, it'll probably still beat it, or perhaps just match it. "The Dark Knight" had a buzz about it before it ever came out due to Ledger's performance that was greatly bolstered by through-the-roof critical praise. Rises doesn't have that kind of self-generated buzz, but it does have one created by the quality of its predecessor, so if the critical response is anywhere close to the last one, it could go through the roof. That initial audience who saw "Rises" absolutely loved it, but I expect they were biased...we'll see soon enough if their hype is merited. :popcorn:

It won't even be close. DKR will domestically out gross more in its first weekend than ASMs first 6 days. People don't like reboots and often wait for the sequels to watch. Batman begins only grossed $200 despite being well received.

Internationally, it might be different though...

Dark Knight is the final part of a revisioned Bat Trilogy it will make lots of money, but will fall short of Avengers box office but will beat Spidey.

I'll wait a few weeks to see DKR as it doesn't look that appealing to me.

How long before the next Batman reboot? WB can't wait too long considering how successful these have been. Also, will Dice complain about another retelling of the origin? :fear:

In all fairness over the years even the comic books themselves frequently re-tell origin stories. At the very least they have flashbacks of origin material much like the Captain America scenes in The Avengers.

I have absolutely zero problem with the retelling / recapping of origins. I go back to something Jim Shooter was known to say around the Marvel bullpen, " every issue is the first issue for someone".

In all fairness over the years even the comic books themselves frequently re-tell origin stories. At the very least they have flashbacks of origin material much like the Captain America scenes in The Avengers.

I have absolutely zero problem with the retelling / recapping of origins. I go back to something Jim Shooter was known to say around the Marvel bullpen, " every issue is the first issue for someone".

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

This is so important. Marvel CA books did this so well.

This is one of the reasons I found it so hard to bust into the DCU.