• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink July 2012 Focused Auction

16 posts in this topic

Apologies in advance if there's already a thread on this, but I didn't see one. First impressions are the large number of CGC 10s (2) and 9.9s (20+) available, and that with 10 days left the 9.8 Walking Dead #1 is already at $888 (GPA has the 90 day average for a 9.8 WD#1 at $1358, with the last sale at $1500, and I'm guessing that this sale will top those numbers).

Top bid at the moment is for - suprise - a 7.5 AF15, currently at an even $40,000. With a week still to go, I'll also speculate that this book tops the GPA 90 day moving average of $46,750.

What are you noticing?

I might upgrade a couple of issues. I made the deals last week to finish up on Amazing Spider-man 1-100. The tough part is waiting for them all to arrive. I may upgrade a couple of books.

There are a couple of other Marvel Silvers I am looking at or new runs I may start. I was hoping to pick up another WWII era Superman book but I did not see any Golden Age when I was going through the listings.

It appears to still be a strong month of offerings from Heritage and Comiclink. I do not see as strong of a representation from Metropolis/Comic Connect as I would have liked to. I wish Metropolis would offer more CGC items in their listings.

Seems like a good place to ask this question - there is no way to watch/track without bidding, right?

Nope bid away.

That's not entirely true...

Pencil-Paper-FUN.jpg

That's what I do without driving up the bidding.

I'm not sure what the etiquette is here in case some of these books are being auction by board members, but regarding that JIM 83 in 8.5, is it missing some color under the "G" in "Mighty" or is that a scanner artifact? I know it's not a printer defect since other JIM 83s don't have it.

I think there a bunch of little gems in this auction that will hopefully go unnoticed.

Oh, i definitely agree!

Unfortunately, all of my non vital(and a few vital) organs are already sold on the black market to cover the HA auction in 2 weeks :sorry: