• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2013, July 18-21, San Diego, Ca.

577 posts in this topic

I see that they are only letting people pre register for tickets who have already gone. How will people who have never gone before get tickets? I'm hoping to go next year are the odds good or bad for somebody who has never been? (shrug)

I see that they are only letting people pre register for tickets who have already gone. How will people who have never gone before get tickets? I'm hoping to go next year are the odds good or bad for somebody who has never been? (shrug)

The regular general public sale happens early in 2013. The online pre reg in August is a replacement for on-site pre reg they used to do.

They won't sell every ticket in pre reg. it is a limited number.

1 Year to go :banana:

I'm the buyer who bargained with you on the 2 mag size hard plastic toploaders.

I could tell you were having a long day when they were priced at $4 each and I offered you $9 for the pair and you said "whatever I'm not going to haggle over $1. lol

I hope you had a great show.

Leroy

You haggled over Toploaders? :roflmao: If I was Jeff I would ask you to get your shinebox,and punch you in the nose. :roflmao:

OK seems like for some people I need to explain the joke/situation.

1 toploader =$4

2 toploaders =$8

I offered $9 for 2 toploaders which is $1 more than the asking price to which Hotflips said "whatever I'm not going to haggle over $1"

I could tell you were having a long day when they were priced at $4 each and I offered you $9 for the pair and you said "whatever I'm not going to haggle over $1. lol

Leroy

You haggled over Toploaders? :roflmao: If I was Jeff I would ask you to get your shinebox,and punch you in the nose. :roflmao:

1 toploader =$4

2 toploaders =$8

I offered $9 for 2 toploaders which is $1 more than the asking price to which Hotflips said "whatever I'm not going to haggle over $1"

I know,seems my jokes don't convey well on a message board either. :tonofbricks:

Leroy

1 toploader =$4

2 toploaders =$8

I know,seems my jokes don't convey well on a message board either. :tonofbricks:

It was a long show, I was caught off guard. I would never take advantage of someone else's mistake.

The regular general public sale happens early in 2013. The online pre reg in August is a replacement for on-site pre reg they used to do.

I'm just curious if all the 2012 attendees will be guaranteed a ticket if they prereg at the given time. In any event, I do think it is going to be tough for anyone going forward to get tickets who did not attend the previous year. Not impossible, but it seems as if every year there are more people that want to go.

So, any advice on the hotels out there?

I usually go for the entire week. The Hyatt Manchester just opened up. I was able to book Sat July 13th till the Sunday the 21st. Was able to get a Junior suite (680 square feet) for $229/night. very reasonable and a close walk or short shuttle ride back.

Good luck everyone

I'm just curious if all the 2012 attendees will be guaranteed a ticket if they prereg at the given time. In any event, I do think it is going to be tough for anyone going forward to get tickets who did not attend the previous year. Not impossible, but it seems as if every year there are more people that want to go.

That may be the problem. I'm guessing the same amount of tickets will be available to the general public for the 2013 show as last year. Only difference is 2012 attendees will have a chance to purchase 2013 tickets in August online instead of camping out during the show.

So, any advice on the hotels out there?

I usually go for the entire week. The Hyatt Manchester just opened up. I was able to book Sat July 13th till the Sunday the 21st. Was able to get a Junior suite (680 square feet) for $229/night. very reasonable and a close walk or short shuttle ride back.

Good luck everyone

I did this too. Funny that I could get the room for the whole time if I booked starting the 13th but could not get a room at all on the con dates. Makes me think they may not honor the reservation but we'll see.

I did this too. Funny that I could get the room for the whole time if I booked starting the 13th but could not get a room at all on the con dates. Makes me think they may not honor the reservation but we'll see.

Most likely they are just holding a large block of rooms for trip planners during the con dates.

Most likely they are just holding a large block of rooms for trip planners during the con dates.

Right. But if the rooms were blocked they wouldn't be available at all during those days. But if you start your reservation far enough out from the con they show up.

Happy I got one but will be surprised if it holds. Seems like an loophole in the reservation system.

Problem is they let you buy 4 TIX per ID. If they have only 4000 TIX available, the 1st 1000 people can snag them all.

I wish they just let you buy only your tix to give the unlucky people a chance.

I'm a dreamer.

Problem is they let you buy 4 TIX per ID. If they have only 4000 TIX available, the 1st 1000 people can snag them all.

I'm a dreamer.

As far as I know, I think the limit is three, and you can only buy tix for others if they also purchased legit 2012 tix.

I'm a dreamer.

Based on the Talk back panel it was stated that it would be same amount of tickets that where available durring last years onsite pre-registration.

I believer it was 4,000-5,000 available per day so at the most 20,000 would be available i am assuming