• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2013, July 18-21, San Diego, Ca.

577 posts in this topic

The SDCC are improving the process each year. Only took 15 minutes to purchase my ticket, instead of waiting five hours in line and missing the convention. Used my atomic watch to click at precisely 8:00 AM PST and was still 2133th in line. Reminds me of trying to obtain World Series tickets, which I got once.

Good luck board members!

I was in right at 8:00, ended up #3119 in line. It took about 16-17 minutes to get in. Registered my friend and I both for a full membership. I was nervous! I'll be nervous again when the hotels go online. Now we all have to wait up to 72 hours for the e-mail confirmation. Now I'll be waiting for that to finally consider it a done deal!

Yes, much better than waiting for almost five hours in the middle of the night for the 2012 tix!

Full memberships and 4-day badges are sold out already...and I'm still in the waiting room :mad:

This is ridiculous. :frustrated:

Same here.

Especially if one is a big spender for the comic book and OA dealers.

Looks like the Twilight kiddies have taken over the con.

Full memberships and 4-day badges are sold out already...and I'm still in the waiting room :mad:

Does anybody know if any full membership/4-day badges will be offered in the general public sale? Or did they just sell them all in this 2012 attendee registration?

Does anybody know if any full membership/4-day badges will be offered in the general public sale? Or did they just sell them all in this 2012 attendee registration?

I read some of the feed on the SDCC Facebook page and some people that claim to "know" stated that 50% of all tix were being sold today. So I assume that means half of all kinds of tickets. So there is still a chance, but I predict it will be even tougher on the next round early next year.

I had a friend of mine get all 4 single day badges to go this year, and SDCC gave him a 4-day badge at badge pick-up. I guess you can put one together?

Yes. That was something they did at the last minute for 2012.

I believe last year 4-day badges were available at the public sale as they allowed people who preregistered at con for single days (as I had to) to upgrade to a full membership. Not definitive for this year, but I would think full memberships will be available at this year's public sale.