• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has this zombie thing gone too far?

58 posts in this topic

Zombie.jpg

I totally agree here and am ashamed of folks that think it's ok to do this while you are talking to them. In-freaking-considerate if you ask me.

DarkMarvelfangirl would take their cell phones and throw it where they can't get it.

MUHAHAHAHAHA :devil:

The Macarena was far more horrifying than any zombie invasion could be.
Ah..... hm but imagine if they could combine the two.
lol
Not quite the Macarena... still

Dead and Breakfast by Sicckmindlol

That movie is hilarious. Especially the part when the guy realizes he's sitting next to a dead guy and goes to run away but slips on his blood for 5 min. Good stuff.

You are being chased by a horde of zombies, they pursue you relentlessly through a light wooded area. You pause every few feet to shoot one down until your ammo runs out. You stumble a couple of times but manage to get up and keep running. Exhaustion begins to set in. You stumble a few more times and barely escape the fetid grasp of the foul things. Suddenly, another group of rotting fiends appears before you. You are cut off. There is no escape. You wish you had left one bullitt in your pistol. Sensing a tasty meat snack, they rush at you and then stop a mere few feet around you and start doing the Macarena. You're mind recoils in horror. Your feet are glued to the ground in unspeakable fear. You try to scream but nothing comes out. The last thing you think before the massive shock causes you to go into cardiac arrest is, "why? why couldn't they just have eaten me???"

Frightening.

I participated in the zombie run today in Denver, and I've gotta say, it was the most fun I've had in years. It was a huge physical challenge and the zombies added a level of fun and excitement I wasn't expecting. Zig zagging through a mob of zombies was exhausting, and a total blast.

The event was set up on a motocross course, so there were tons of rolling hills. And the course was on the side of a mountain, so those rolling hills tended to do a lot more up than down (or so it seemed whenever I was out of breath).

I managed to get to the second mile marker still alive (with at least one flag left on my belt), but there was a horde of maybe 30-40 zombies on a small plateau area, and I just couldn't make it through with my last flag.

In addition to the zombies, there was barbed wire you had to crawl under, mud you had to wade through, water slides with a blood pool at the bottom, a building you had to crawl through with smoke everywhere and electric wires hanging down, etc.

Great stuff. Can't wait to try it again next year!

I participated in the zombie run today in Denver, and I've gotta say, it was the most fun I've had in years. It was a huge physical challenge and the zombies added a level of fun and excitement I wasn't expecting. Zig zagging through a mob of zombies was exhausting, and a total blast.

The event was set up on a motocross course, so there were tons of rolling hills. And the course was on the side of a mountain, so those rolling hills tended to do a lot more up than down (or so it seemed whenever I was out of breath).

I managed to get to the second mile marker still alive (with at least one flag left on my belt), but there was a horde of maybe 30-40 zombies on a small plateau area, and I just couldn't make it through with my last flag.

In addition to the zombies, there was barbed wire you had to crawl under, mud you had to wade through, water slides with a blood pool at the bottom, a building you had to crawl through with smoke everywhere and electric wires hanging down, etc.

Sounds very cool (thumbs u

That's not a run, that's an obstacle course!

Congrats on your run. I'm a bit jealous. :applause:

That's not a run, that's an obstacle course!

Very true. Before the race, we watched a few other waves of runners, and I was like, "Why aren't they all running? Why are people walking?" Then I ran up my first hill, which had barbed wire you had to crawl under. I quickly realized this wasn't an ordinary run.

My buddy dressed as Shaun from Shaun of the Dead, and he was a hit. Next year, I'm definitely dressing up to add some fun to it. And I'm also training for the damn thing. :o

Yes.

Way too far.

For quite a while now.

Zombies and twilight "vampires" gotta go.

Then it's time for SPIDER-MAN, BATMAN, WOLVERINE, X-MEN etc... to be retired.

:baiting:

In all seriousness, I'm tired of the above. To each his/her own! :foryou:

Yes.

Way too far.

For quite a while now.

Twilight "vampires" gotta go.

Fixed that for you

Hey Jay,

The fam and I were on C470 on our way to Breckenridge when we saw all of you running around on the course. It looked like a blast, even from the distance. I am glad to hear that you had a good time.

Hey Jay,

The fam and I were on C470 on our way to Breckenridge when we saw all of you running around on the course. It looked like a blast, even from the distance. I am glad to hear that you had a good time.

We'll be there again next year, so you should join us next time. (thumbs u

Yes.

Way too far.

For quite a while now.

Zombies and twilight "vampires" gotta go.

One hit comic and one hit TV show is too much for any genre outside super heroes :sumo: