• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has this zombie thing gone too far?

58 posts in this topic

I think we're right at the tipping point between Zombie Overload In Everything and Zombies = The Macarena. Another year or so, and I think it'll be too far.

I'm not a doubter of Zombie stuff, and I have my own personal stash of TWD books that I am champing at the bit to sell as soon as the show starts it's next season - but, you can only trivialize Zombie stuff so long before it becomes passé.

However, I will say that I could be wrong. I honestly thought the stupid mass-marketization of Zombie Culture peaked when doing zombie flash mobs was *in*. And I was wrong, so who truly knows...

Has the super hero thing gone too far? What's the ratio of blockbuster super hero movies to zombie movies? What's the ratio of super hero comics to zombie comics? How about TV shows? How about video games? Anything?

Has the super hero thing gone too far? What's the ratio of blockbuster super hero movies to zombie movies? What's the ratio of super hero comics to zombie comics? How about TV shows? How about video games? Anything?

I agree. Zombies may wane, but they are here to stay in varying degrees.

On the other hand, they seem almost mainstream at the moment.

Perhaps the next stage of evolution for zombies is Zombie Intelligence. Perhaps they will develop their own sense of humor, or other quirky personalities that will help individualize them - much like how superheroes are individualized.

I came up with a loose idea of 'Autopsy Girl' - who was an undead detective that investigated zombie-on-zombie murders. She had higher functions, and lived in a zombie community that had structured businesses (rebuilt in dilapidated wrecked businesses from the Apocalypse) that sold processed living flesh, analgesic skin creams and boutiques to make you less 'zombified'.

I know I'm not the only person with this idea, so there could be another step to furthering the Zombie Culture - it's just a matter of the right idea being put forth, and then everyone else jumping on the bandwagon.

Perhaps the next stage of evolution for zombies is Zombie Intelligence. Perhaps they will develop their own sense of humor, or other quirky personalities that will help individualize them - much like how superheroes are individualized.

I came up with a loose idea of 'Autopsy Girl' - who was an undead detective that investigated zombie-on-zombie murders. She had higher functions, and lived in a zombie community that had structured businesses (rebuilt in dilapidated wrecked businesses from the Apocalypse) that sold processed living flesh, analgesic skin creams and boutiques to make you less 'zombified'.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person with this idea, so there could be another step to furthering the Zombie Culture.

Wasn't there an independent romantic comedy with this premise?

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person with this idea, so there could be another step to furthering the Zombie Culture.

Wasn't there an independent romantic comedy with this premise?

Yeah, I think Jennifer Lopez and Hugh Grant were in it.

That's when they cease being zombies. Zombies using guns in Land of the Dead. WTF?!

I agree. Zombies may wane, but they are here to stay in varying degrees.

On the other hand, they seem almost mainstream at the moment.

I wore a Walking Dead t-shirt at Newbury Comics the other day,and a few different women came up to me and started conversations about how cool the Walking Dead is, on other occassions I have worn a Shazam lightning logo t-shirt and people would :eyeroll: