• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee ONLY signs his OWN stuff now?

96 posts in this topic

You rule at telling people how they should price THEIR stuff on eBay if they don’t sell it to you at the price you want. You are also king of getting mad and trying to have them banned from eBay and CGC if they don’t agree to your demands of them!

The King of Getting Mad - I love this idea.

BOW TO THE KING!

(worship)

You rule at telling people how they should price THEIR stuff on eBay if they don’t sell it to you at the price you want. You are also king of getting mad and trying to have them banned from eBay and CGC if they don’t agree to your demands of them!

The King of Getting Mad - I love this idea.

BOW TO THE KING!

(worship)

Oh me me me me me!! I'll be the Prince of being happy and the Jester of getting laid...wait...what?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-I-JOE-SPECIAL-1-1995-CGC-9-8-SS-SIGNED-BY-TODD-MCFARLANE-LARRY-HAMA-/110907389136?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19d29874d0

more questionableness? I know they didn't initially like MacFarlane on GI JOE, but claiming that Marvel and Larry Hama 'fired' Todd Mac....

If he was, then I stand corrected. I always thought Todd was a cash cow and left Marvel on his own with the homies.

Note that the term 'fired' means something very specific from a legal and reputational perspective.

I'm pretty sure Marvel and Todd Mac would strongly object to anyone saying it was a firing. Maybe even strongly object in a legal way....

...But I could be wrong. Lot of comic experts here: Did Marvel and Larry Hama fire Todd Mac as claimed in this ebay ad?

I will happily eat crow if you can point me to a link or have other evidence of said firing.

Who gives a rat's azz? :doh:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-I-JOE-SPECIAL-1-1995-CGC-9-8-SS-SIGNED-BY-TODD-MCFARLANE-LARRY-HAMA-/110907389136?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19d29874d0

more questionableness? I know they didn't initially like MacFarlane on GI JOE, but claiming that Marvel and Larry Hama 'fired' Todd Mac....

If he was, then I stand corrected. I always thought Todd was a cash cow and left Marvel on his own with the homies.

Note that the term 'fired' means something very specific from a legal and reputational perspective.

I'm pretty sure Marvel and Todd Mac would strongly object to anyone saying it was a firing. Maybe even strongly object in a legal way....

...But I could be wrong. Lot of comic experts here: Did Marvel and Larry Hama fire Todd Mac as claimed in this ebay ad?

I will happily eat crow if you can point me to a link or have other evidence of said firing.

Your Honor...it goes to credibility, reliability, and overall horse shatness of the seller's selling model and/or tales of a Giant Blue Ox, Talking Fairy Tale Telling Goose, and Scottish Lake Dwelling Beast being ridden by George Lucas being present at the firing of Todd.

It goes to foundation, or lack thereof. lol

Your Honor...it goes to credibility, reliability, and overall horse shatness of the seller's selling model and/or tales of a Giant Blue Ox, Talking Fairy Tale Telling Goose, and Scottish Lake Dwelling Beast being ridden by George Lucas being present at the firing of Todd.

In all fairness that Scottish Locke Dwelling Beast ridden by George Lucas was latter CGI'd in.

Here's an audio file of McFarlane talking about how he was fired from GI Joe - it's at about the 1:30 mark :ohnoez:

Got me! I will eat some crow and a bite of humble pie. I have no problem raising an issue, and admitting I was wrong once evidence is presented. No justifications. I was wrong. Period.

Here's an audio file of McFarlane talking about how he was fired from GI Joe - it's at about the 1:30 mark :ohnoez:

Yay!! Does this mean that George Lucas did a signing last year?!?! :wishluck:

Yay!! Does this mean that George Lucas did a signing last year?!?! :wishluck:

I just think it's funny that the OP is pretending this guy is Robojo due a hyperbolic ebay description and an incorrect assumption about the scarcity of a Lee signature on this particular book. If the OP's so wound up about people overpricing their books, I can't imagine how he'd react if he started collecting Walking Dead :eek:

lol

True. Pricing by itself is not something new at all.

I can see the anger when someone prices a book to an extent that it has a chilling affect on creators' willingness to sign, as it did with Al Plastino, because the inanity has a real consequence for others.

Of course the seller didn't help himself with that "on the way to the Fountain of Youth, we got George Lucas to do an SS signing" story. For many of us at that point, the righteousness of the OP's pricing issue was washed away in a sea of comedic possibilities.

In all fairness that Scottish Locke Dwelling Beast ridden by George Lucas was latter CGI'd in.

I ridden my share of beasts....I particularly remember my birthday party three years ago..man it was wild....I mean..she was wild..I mean, IT was wild...

128082.png.742769bb265f82ab83d2764981a79a9b.png

I just think it's funny that the OP is pretending this guy is Robojo due a hyperbolic ebay description and an incorrect assumption about the scarcity of a Lee signature on this particular book. If the OP's so wound up about people overpricing their books, I can't imagine how he'd react if he started collecting Walking Dead :eek:

He's not Robojo but this guy is full of completely fabricated BS.

The best thing about this thread is I now know two individuals to never attempt to do business with.

Now I know at least one person on here I won't have to worry about throwing my money away too.

I read that statement 5 times..

I still don't understand it.

lol sad that my wife who has no idea what we are talking about understood it just fine.

That's ok, agree with the last statement. Topic now closed.

I read that statement 5 times..

I still don't understand it.

lol sad that my wife who has no idea what we are talking about understood it just fine.

That's ok, agree with the last statement. Topic now closed.

hm

Orrrrrrrrrrr is it?