• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The ROCK to play LOBO!?!

57 posts in this topic

Viggo Mortensen? That might be the lamest idea for a movie character since Jake Lloyd in the role of Anakin. Maybe, if Lobo was a middle-aged farm hand who wore tight flannel shirts and wanted to have a summer affair with the farmer's wife under the big Elm tree. But the Main Man? Give me a fraggin' break.

Um, have you seen Eastern Promises? :makepoint:

No, but I'd wager it has something to do with Viggo's character making a promise to an Amish girl that he'll return from a riveting adventure in the forest while chopping wood?

Edit: Just read the IMDB synopsis. I was pretty close.

I gave up on Viggo after 'History of Violence'. That movie was a lot of hype, little substance. He's a great actor in movies for middle aged women who want an affair with a traveling vacuum cleaner salesmen - but that's about it. I don't have any faith that he'd pull of something as charismatic or humourous as Lobo.

And honestly - we're talking about Lobo here. Not high brow cinema. We need someone with some cheese.

Ryan Reynolds must have been busy

they should go for a somewhat unknown actor, dont push a great amount of money into it and then it may make money, i cant see it making back Dwayne Johnson's salary

No, but I'd wager it has something to do with Viggo's character making a promise to an Amish girl that he'll return from a riveting adventure in the forest while chopping wood?

lol Ok, I'll concede that was pretty funny.

lol Ok, I'll concede that was pretty funny.

And I'll concede that Viggo is a fine actor - I really liked him in The Prophecy, and he was - of course - cool in LOTR, which earned him some solid fan-favorite status for sure.

Dwayne Johnson Will Not Star In 'Lobo' Movie

There's another DC movie down the drain.

Thank god.

DC/WB really need to get their act together and doing a lobo flick would not have helped. :facepalm:

Other than the Superman movie 10 years ago or whatever, what DC movie has been bad since Batman and Robin?

Thank god.

DC/WB really need to get their act together and doing a lobo flick would not have helped. :facepalm:

Other than the Superman movie 10 years ago or whatever, what DC movie has been bad since Batman and Robin?

,Many would argue Green Lantern.

Thank god.

,Many would argue Green Lantern.

So much promise, such a strong start. Terrible ending.

But.. enough about me in the bedroom.

Not that I think we "need" a Lobo movie but who else could fit the role? Dwayne Johnson has the build, the charisma, and the attitude needed to play the main man. I'd watch it.

+ 1

If anyone is going to pull off a role like this, he definitely fits the character style.

++1

I just hope they don't make it PC to make it viewer friendly. Rate this movie "R" :preach:

Thank god.

Green Lantern

Catwoman

Superman Returns

Jonah Hex

I personally didn't like the Nolan Batman trilogy, except for Ledgers portrayal of Joker. I know I'm in the minority on that though.

So that's pretty much the lions share of DC movies that have come out lately. Basically Watchmen didn't suck.

Thank god.

Green Lantern

Catwoman

Superman Returns

Jonah Hex

I personally didn't like the Nolan Batman trilogy, except for Ledgers portrayal of Joker. I know I'm in the minority on that though.

So that's pretty much the lions share of DC movies that have come out lately. Basically Watchmen didn't suck.

Yeah, I forgot about GL and Jonah Hex.

The fact that it was Halle in a skimpy outfit made Catwoman worth watching...once.

Thank god.

Green Lantern

Catwoman

Superman Returns

Jonah Hex

The fact that it was Halle in a skimpy outfit made Catwoman worth watching...once.

Be careful now.

:roflmao:

Halle Berry's stunt- and body-double is the 29-year-old Hawaiian male actor Nito Larioza, an expert in martial arts.

Thank god.

Green Lantern

Catwoman

Superman Returns

Jonah Hex

Be careful now.

:roflmao:

Halle Berry's stunt- and body-double is the 29-year-old Hawaiian male actor Nito Larioza, an expert in martial arts.

That should keep me from ever watching it again. Thanks.