• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poyo #1

98 posts in this topic

The books were only available at SDCC. The more likely scenario is that a store employee/store owner was at SDCC & bought copies to then sell in their brick & mortar location or online. At a mark-up, of course.

My LCS didn't go anywhere near SDDC and they had 2 copies in the store yesterday.

I don't think all 700 copies were at SDCC. John also stated that they had disbursed some prior to SDCC for certain people/occasions, unless someone else was told different.

I stand corrected! :makepoint:

I wonder how many they took to SDCC & how many made it through to LCSs...?

I don't think all 700 copies were at SDCC. John also stated that they had disbursed some prior to SDCC for certain people/occasions, unless someone else was told different.

I stand corrected! :makepoint:

I wonder how many they took to SDCC & how many made it through to LCSs...?

Not quite. I only have partial info it seems. I had no idea that it would be distributed post con. I didn't follow sales or distribution post con last year. Now I'm curious.

the stated print run was 700 copies far as I saw posted up everywhere/prior to SDCC it wouldn't be far fetched to think they didn't have all 700 copies available for sale at the con

I doubt there were extras printed just to allocate a few issues to shops that ordered them after the fact

the stated print run was 700 copies far as I saw posted up everywhere/prior to SDCC it wouldn't be far fetched to think they didn't have all 700 copies available for sale at the con

I doubt there were extras printed just to allocate a few issues to shops that ordered them after the fact

That's what I'm wondering as well. Maybe they took half or even 500 to SDCC?

The guys never take the full print run to a show that I've seen. The Poyo variant was available through Diamond. There will also be copies at several show throughout the year. I kept pointing this out for the last 3 years when everyone claims a sellout at SDCC. No Chew SDCC variant print run was ever sold out at SDCC.

The guys never take the full print run to a show that I've seen. The Poyo variant was available through Diamond. There will also be copies at several show throughout the year. I kept pointing this out for the last 3 years when everyone claims a sellout at SDCC. No Chew SDCC variant print run was ever sold out at SDCC.

There it is. After John stated that there were other copies, that's how I took it. (thumbs u

And I'll bet there will be quite a few people claiming next years variant is sold out. I believe Bleeding Cool even claimed a sell out this year. :facepalm:

Well, technically they sold out AT SDCC. They just didn't sell out the entire print run. :baiting:

Which is why so many paid a premium for the book. :whistle: