• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poyo #1

98 posts in this topic

some 'artists' think it's cool and hip to bash old guys on the right....anyways i thought it was a funny book overall. Alot of comics i read i don't 'agree with' but i still enjoy them for what they are.

There's a ton of actors i enjoy watching but i can't stand their politics.

I just don't understand why artists/actors/publisherschoose to risk alienating half of their potential customers/fans by pushing their political/social/religious agenda. Maybe they were hoping to get some free publicity by trying to be edgy. That or they are just clueless .

Not sure about publishers and actors, but I think artists may be in a different category of focus. Isn't the artist's nature to portray how they see or think of the world? Why wouldn't they? Would they be artists if they didn't? Not sure where your complaintis originate from, but if it doesn't fit your liking, then don't read it. Not being an arse, just being realistic and simple. That's what I do.

I see plenty of artists and writers that I don't like because they're arses or because of the garbage they put out (art-wise or story-wise). Life goes on and I don't pay a penny for it. Whether they alienate half their potential customers or not, should they worry about that? Would a true artist by nature become mechanical and cater to quench the masses, or would they simply do what their nature calls them to do...express themselves? (shrug)

some 'artists' think it's cool and hip to bash old guys on the right....anyways i thought it was a funny book overall. Alot of comics i read i don't 'agree with' but i still enjoy them for what they are.

I just don't understand why artists/actors/publisherschoose to risk alienating half of their potential customers/fans by pushing their political/social/religious agenda. Maybe they were hoping to get some free publicity by trying to be edgy. That or they are just clueless .

Not sure about publishers and actors, but I think artists may be in a different category of focus. Isn't the artist's nature to portray how they see or think of the world? Why wouldn't they? Would they be artists if they didn't? Not sure where your complaintis originate from, but if it doesn't fit your liking, then don't read it. Not being an arse, just being realistic and simple. That's what I do.

I see plenty of artists and writers that I don't like because they're arses or because of the garbage they put out (art-wise or story-wise). Life goes on and I don't pay a penny for it. Whether they alienate half their potential customers or not, should they worry about that? Would a true artist by nature become mechanical and cater to quench the masses, or would they simply do what their nature calls them to do...express themselves? (shrug)

I agree.

Just want to add I didn't think it was in poor taste because of it being left or right. That's not my issue. My issue was that it was a political figure. I feel the "joke" would have been a lot more funny if it was a random celebrity.

I agree.

Just want to add I didn't think it was in poor taste because of it being left or right. That's not my issue. My issue was that it was a political figure. I feel the "joke" would have been a lot more funny if it was a random celebrity.

Based on Jay Leno's "Jay walking" segments (and other man on the street interviews) that test basic knowledge I doubt most of the readers even knew who most of the people in the pictures were including Hitler and OBL. So, the "joke" the writer/artist thought they were so clever in making probably went over the heads of 99% who bought the comic.