• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poyo #1

98 posts in this topic

Anyone pick up this one-off?

What did you think?

I got lucky and found 9 issues that someone ordered but didn't pay for - there were 10 but one had sold - strangely only paid $2 each - no clue why they were discounted.....

As I said elsewhere my LCS basically has the'established' comics but anything else - I mean anything - has to be pre-ordered.

Reckon it will appreciate on the back of being a CHEW spin-off?

One of my favorite Chew stories in a long time. I actually think Chew has been in a slump (at least for me) This book was friggin' awesome! It is almost as good as the first story arc which is my favorite by far.

OMG!!!

I thought this book was a riot. I thought page #5 was hysterical.

"The new arrival, your malovence. He's being uncooperative. Resistant." lol

Hopefully... "Deep Space Poyo" actually happens.

But, there should be at least a six page Poyo adventure here and there within the Chew books. My 2c

So, the writer/artist compared OBL and Hitler to Cheney. Their history teachers must be proud.

I found that to be in poor taste as well. Not enough to make me stop reading.

It just would have been more funny if Carrot Top or someone extremely random had been in the frame.

So, the writer/artist compared OBL and Hitler to Cheney. Their history teachers must be proud.

It just would have been more funny if Carrot Top or someone extremely random had been in the frame.

lol the book is about a Rooster who kicks

some 'artists' think it's cool and hip to bash old guys on the right....anyways i thought it was a funny book overall. Alot of comics i read i don't 'agree with' but i still enjoy them for what they are.

There's a ton of actors i enjoy watching but i can't stand their politics.

lol the book is about a Rooster who kicks

Which is why I said it wasn't enough to stop me from reading.

some 'artists' think it's cool and hip to bash old guys on the right....anyways i thought it was a funny book overall. Alot of comics i read i don't 'agree with' but i still enjoy them for what they are.

There's a ton of actors i enjoy watching but i can't stand their politics.

I just don't understand why artists/actors/publishers choose to risk alienating half of their potential customers/fans by pushing their political/social/religious agenda. Maybe they were hoping to get some free publicity by trying to be edgy. That or they are just clueless .

I'm guessing that they use their art as a form of self expression and are willing to risk some comercial viability in order to express themselves. They seem to be doing all right for themsleves, maybe they feel the joke was worth any lost $$$'s or maybe they just don't care.

The book sounds good, I'm going to give it a read as soon as I can snag a copy.