• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Important is THIS??? *DELETED*

15 posts in this topic

The label????....that's the entire CCA seal and since it being gone means the entire URC is gone.....it's pretty freakin important 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

That being missing kills the value of the book for me, but if you wanted it as a cheap reader then go for it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The label????....that's the entire CCA seal and since it being gone means the entire URC is gone

What does "URC" stand for?

Upper right corner....and I'd buy that comic in a second.

You would? That missing piece would get on my nerves. You're leaving out part of the picture.

The label????....that's the entire CCA seal and since it being gone means the entire URC is gone

What does "URC" stand for?

Upper right corner....and I'd buy that comic in a second.

You would? That missing piece would get on my nerves. You're leaving out part of the picture.

To own the book is owning history. I want the history. I think that comic is beautiful!!!

Who is the seller??? I want to make an offer.

Missing the CCA seal doesn't bother me any more than any other large missing chunk (ie. it bothers me a lot!). Are you saying that missing a CCA seal size chunk out of the LRC is less bothersome to you than missing the seal itself?

To me a chunk is a chunk. Of course the majority of the books I collect are precode anyway...

There's something more annoying to me about the chunk out of this book then just any chunk. It's not so much the fact it's the CCA stamp that's missing, but rather the obvious intentionality of it's removal. It's much more offensive than a random accidental piece out of a cover. A similar situation would be a price crossed out in pen, or mustaches drawn on characters. Again, the intention makes this more troublesome than other more random pen markings like distributor marks. My opinion.

That said, I'd buy this copy... If the price was right.

Even when buying low-grade, we all find some defects more objectionable than others. I would rather have a solid VG copy of a book with no pieces out, than an otherwise NM copy with Marvel chipping. I find the chunk out of the cover distracting, and would likely pass on that particular issue even if I were in the market for a low-grade copy, I consider that one a 1.8 at best. However, if you are looking for FR-G copies of early ASM, and the price is right, then it should fit the bill.