• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oldest??

71 posts in this topic

Sid, what does it say on the kit??

It says

"Junior Kem-Kit

For The Budding Scientist

Educational Harmless"

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Adventures into the Unknown #13, from Oct-Nov 1950. It's Sweet.

aitu13b.jpg

27_laughing.gif sorry Red, I now its a classic...but that giant dino looks to be getting friendly with that building! 893whatthe.gif

27_laughing.gif sorry Red, I know its a classic...but that giant dino looks to be getting friendly with that building! 893whatthe.gif

Hey, that's not just any building....it's the Empire State Building! Back then it was the tallest building in NYC.......and unfortunately... it is now, too.

sorry.gif

Got a stack of Plats--nothing god awfully rare--Bringing Up Father's (some late issues), Mutt and Jeff's, etc. My earliest true comic is Sensation 9, followed by about 50 other random Golden Age books. b

Jumbo #82 from 12/45 is my oldest

Povertyrow gave it to me for free. cloud9.gif It was a part of the mini comic-quest prize, he sent me.

THANKS POV ! flowerred.gif

Jumbo82b.jpg

Right now, one of these two:

speed_02.jpg

or

feature_26A.jpg

The exact date of the later is a little questionable, but probably the end of 1939. The Speed #2 is 11/39.

The oldest comic I've ever owned was a copy of New Fun #2 (3/35).