• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avngers/Batman--which did you enjoy more?

Which film did you enjoy more?  

375 members have voted

1. 1. Which film did you enjoy more?

43 posts in this topic

I had a better time watching Avengers. Was able to bring the kids and a lot of fun for them them too. Not a very deep thinking movie if you know what I mean.

I did think TDKR was a better movie though. Of course, the kids had no interest in seeing it with me.

"Dad, so does Batman smash stuff like the Hulk or blow stuff up like Ironman? Are there cool aliens or monsters in this movie?"

"Well, no, but you do get to watch a smart movie about a man's personal journey after losing all his money and getting beat by his enemy, as well watch all the hard work it takes for him to get back on this feet and win in the end."

"Oh. Well, you have a good time, Dad."

went with the Avengers idk I know that Nolan had to end the trilogy I just didnt like how it ended. I enjoyed the Bat movie over all I just didnt care for the last 5 mins of the film.

I had a better time watching Avengers. Was able to bring the kids and a lot of fun for them them too. Not a very deep thinking movie if you know what I mean.

I did think TDKR was a better movie though. Of course, the kids had no interest in seeing it with me.

"Dad, so does Batman smash stuff like the Hulk or blow stuff up like Ironman? Are there cool aliens or monsters in this movie?"

"Well, no, but you do get to watch a smart movie about a man's personal journey after losing all his money and getting beat by his enemy, as well watch all the hard work it takes for him to get back on this feet and win in the end."

"Oh. Well, you have a good time, Dad."

That pretty much sums it up for me.

Avengers is a good movie, but it's your typical sci-fi movie that will appeal more to people who want to just sit back and enjoy the ride, while TDKR is a thinking movie which makes you think and is just a better film.

I can never see a movie like Avengers win any awards, while I can see TDKR at least being nominated.

there is no way to hide the fact that the Avengers IS

the best comic book movie ever made.

Sure there is, there's easily a dozen superhero/comic movies way better than Avengers. Probably a lot more

Avengers was cool in that it brought all those big heroes together, and it was a good movie. Nowhere near the best though

The new Batman film (and the others in the trilogy) were all far beyond the Avengers. Avengers was a popcorn movie. The Batmans are movies on a far superior level

+1 and the best comic book movies to come out to date are The Dark Knight and Iron Man.

Guest Reader
there is no way to hide the fact that the Avengers IS

the best comic book movie ever made.

Sure there is, there's easily a dozen superhero/comic movies way better than Avengers. Probably a lot more

Avengers was cool in that it brought all those big heroes together, and it was a good movie. Nowhere near the best though

The new Batman film (and the others in the trilogy) were all far beyond the Avengers. Avengers was a popcorn movie. The Batmans are movies on a far superior level

+1 and the best comic book movies to come out to date are The Dark Knight and Iron Man.

Agreed. For me, Dark Knight, Iron Man and Superman 1 (Reeves) were more entertaining than Avengers. I haven't seen Rises as it hasn't made it to the Baghdad cinemas yet.

I enjoyed The Avengers more.

I thought the last 30 - 45 minutes of TDKR was one of, if not the best, ending to a film I have seen.

Completely on-the-edge-of-my-seat awesome.

Two great movies. What a great summer.

I can't believe this. Sure The Dark Knight Rises is cutting, sure The Avengers is perhaps the wittiest superhero movie of all time. But honestly. How can either of them compare to a big old crack pipe. I think the choice is obvious here.

I suppose if no one else is going to say it, I will.

This is what, the 6th, 7th Batman movie. Maybe 8th.

They still haven't been able to get the costume right in any of the movies.

I keep seeing a grown-up in a Halloween-grade costume - might as well spray paint an NFL quarterback in black and stick a batman logo on his chest.

I keep seeing a grown-up in a Halloween-grade costume - might as well spray paint an NFL quarterback in black and stick a batman logo on his chest.

Didn't you know? The real Batman costume would look stupid on the big screen. I mean...we don't want these things to look and feel like comicbooks do we? :screwy:

Didn't you know? The real Batman costume would look stupid on the big screen. I mean...we don't want these things to look and feel like comicbooks do we? :screwy:

As close to what second from the left looks like, and maybe they might have done the on-screen look of the character justice:

batman-arkham-city-costume-skins-preorder-perk-uk-only.jpg

hm

gsxpi3.jpg

Why do people pull out that 40 year old suit and think that's what it would look like if they didn't dress Batman in body armour from head to toe?

I would say Batman was more of a movie where you had to do some thinking about what's going on and suspense..

Avengers was more of an action movie, but it was good to see multiple superheroes come together and make a movie.

Depends on what you were looking for.

Well - the question is "which (movie) did you enjoy more?" That answer is easy. Avengers is far more the coke and popcorn, clever, funny and enjoyable movie.

Incorrect on the clever and enjoyable

I'll give you popcorn and funny

Maybe I should have been more complete in my answer. DKR is great movie. But the question was about the "enjoyment" factor. I find it hard to say I enjoyed - like had fun watching - DKR. I didn't enjoy watching Batman get nearly killed in issue 497 and the movie had much the same effect on me. I've seen the Avengers three times and will go again when it hits the cheap theater. Once was enough for DKR. Doesn't mean DKR isn't a great movie. It is. But it wasn't - for me - fun.