• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cerebus #1 First Print VG - F $500 FIRST PRINT

92 posts in this topic

After reading your threads and checking the scans you posted of the Cerebus #1 I can say with 100% certainty that I am now the proud owner of it! Purchased it off Feebay for a buy it now of $350.00 or best offer. I just snatched it up...wasn't going to waste time submitting an offer as that was a great price as it was.

It was a rather nifty coincidence that upon examining the book our grading is in complete agreement. There are currently two Cerebus #1 CGC 4.5's on Feebay (or at least when I looked yesterday) and this copy is definitely nicer than those two. I put in in the 5.0-5.5 range. Very nice page quality as well.

After one too many bad experiences on Feebay with both buyers and sellers I am taking my business elsewhere. Just received notification from Comic Link that my buy offer for a Cerebus #1 CGC 8.0 and TMNT #1 1st print CGC 9.2 were both accepted and at a fraction of what I would have paid on the auction site that shall not be named henceforth. I think I'm going to hang onto the VG/F 5.0 Cerebus #1 for a reading copy though. no intention of submitting that one to CGC. I like to be able to read my books.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for putting on the market and allowing me to give it a good home. :) Now, if I could just find a nice copy of #2 at a reasonable price, I'll have completed my little "high grade" run of the first 14 issues.

this ought to be good. :popcorn:

Indeed, now when is this book going to come for sale on this board from this new member hm

After reading your threads and checking the scans you posted of the Cerebus #1 I can say with 100% certainty that I am now the proud owner of it! Purchased it off Feebay for a buy it now of $350.00 or best offer. I just snatched it up...wasn't going to waste time submitting an offer as that was a great price as it was.

It was a rather nifty coincidence that upon examining the book our grading is in complete agreement. There are currently two Cerebus #1 CGC 4.5's on Feebay (or at least when I looked yesterday) and this copy is definitely nicer than those two. I put in in the 5.0-5.5 range. Very nice page quality as well.

After one too many bad experiences on Feebay with both buyers and sellers I am taking my business elsewhere. Just received notification from Comic Link that my buy offer for a Cerebus #1 CGC 8.0 and TMNT #1 1st print CGC 9.2 were both accepted and at a fraction of what I would have paid on the auction site that shall not be named henceforth. I think I'm going to hang onto the VG/F 5.0 Cerebus #1 for a reading copy though. no intention of submitting that one to CGC. I like to be able to read my books.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for putting on the market and allowing me to give it a good home. :) Now, if I could just find a nice copy of #2 at a reasonable price, I'll have completed my little "high grade" run of the first 14 issues.

Yeah.. I sold this book recently in waterloo to a person... so yeah. Not the same book.

So he put it on eBay for 350 but was selling it here for 480?

Listen, Hot Juicy Burgers.

I only went to get this comic from my employer to sell because I knew you wanted it.

You and I couldn't come to an agreement on price.

Do you really think I would post it on ebay for less than you actually offered me? That makes no sense and I call Shenanigans on all of you.

Who is paratrooper and why is he on my ?

Is this what people meant when they told me to set up a Sales feedback thread? That way people won't just be d-bags in my selling forums? Forcing me to tell them to Ef off, forcing mods to close my selling forums?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251146189514?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Here's a link to the auction I won. I'm pretty sure that it is the same book. Someone just took a loss on it.

Looking at the one from that auction the dude won, I'm still looking at the spine, but as for a lot of marks on the middle of the FC they do look hella similar.

Only diff I notice is the one here looks brighter. Not saying they the same, but some of those marks that are a bit diff from the norm do stand out.

*edit* I looked more and I honestly see no diff other than the overly vibrant brightness of the one listed here. I can understand the confusion.

I only went to get this comic from my employer to sell because I knew you wanted it.

Do you really think I would post it on ebay for less than you actually offered me? That makes no sense and I call Shenanigans on all of you.

Now that you have seen that it is the same book, do you understand why I was curious?

I wasn't trying to badmouth you, was just confused lol

I would have payed 350 for it, that is for sure

Now that you have seen that it is the same book, do you understand why I was curious?

I wasn't trying to badmouth you, was just confused lol

I would have payed 350 for it, that is for sure

If I sold this one I would have had a shot at a much nicer copy.

I did not sell this one and am now sending passive aggressive e-mails to someone I am spending 8 hours with in a truck on thursday.