• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vince Greck , a new Australian dealer on CAF

179 posts in this topic

I asked a straight up question. "Did Steranko ever actually pencil this piece of art and did his pencil ever touch this particular artboard to pencil those characters?"

Simple, easy question that any honest seller would answer immediately.

Why are those questions deleted almost immediately?

He just posted Terry's TALES TO ASTONISH # 98 cover for sale on his page:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=928070&GSub=134503

What the . . .

Sorry, guys, I just got up out of bed . . .

Am I getting this right, he lifted an image from my CAF and offered it for sale???

:mad:

Here is the link to the "Fake Art" gallery.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=928022&GSub=134493

Post! Post! Post!

This has now been de-activated.

I got the comments up to 100 this morning before I went to bed, so it would have got widespread exposure.

I hope Bill Cox has de-activated Greck/Rae's account.

If I ever get over to Sydney at some future point, I'll be looking for this creep and will want to shake hands . . . with his throat.

He just posted Terry's TALES TO ASTONISH # 98 cover for sale on his page:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=928070&GSub=134503

What the . . .

Sorry, guys, I just got up out of bed . . .

Am I getting this right, he lifted an image from my CAF and offered it for sale???

:mad:

Yes

For sale but no price was listed

Oh, I understand perfectly now.

I died in my sleep today. Then my wife contacted Greck/Rae, down under, so that he/they could handle the sale of my collection.

Silly me.

Yours

Terry (speaking to you from the spirit world) Doyle

The more I dug around by asking questions of older collectors and retailers in the Sydney comics community, the more stories I heard about Richard Rae's dishonest practices and con-man activity including a list of people whom he'd "ripped-off" over the years.

One of them said that I "dodged a bullet" in that I hadn't fallen for one of Richard's convoluted deals back in 2009 when I first exchanged e-mails with him regarding Stanley Pitt artwork. Best,

Royd

Edited reply I received a short while ago from Bill Cox:

"Terry,

. . . I still don't comment on any dealings I have with any user on this site with another user.

. . . You don't see his gallery or the "Fake Art" gallery any longer, do you? That's all you need to know.

Regards,

Bill"

Congrats on getting this guy removed from CAF. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Team effort.

Anyone who pitched-in with their help or support deserves a virtual pat on the back.

Somehow, I very much doubt that this is the end of Rae. More like a setback for him.

He'll resurface, sooner or later.

We just need to remain vigilant.

Thanks are in order to my friend, who sent me a PM, and alerted me to all of this (at which point my tenacious nature kicked-in ;) ).

Interesting link for those of you who wondered about Richard Rae dying in hospital and Vince Greck handling the sale of his estate:

http://www.facebook.com/richard.rae.562?ref=ts#!/richard.rae.562

Assuming people here are members of FB, you will have to log-on to access this.

Check out the photos . . .

There's even the odd lighbox drawing for sale . . .