• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vince Greck , a new Australian dealer on CAF

179 posts in this topic

Interesting link for those of you who wondered about Richard Rae dying in hospital and Vince Greck handling the sale of his estate:

http://www.facebook.com/richard.rae.562?ref=ts#!/richard.rae.562

Assuming people here are members of FB, you will have to log-on to access this.

For the benefit of anyone here unable to access Rae's FB page (and if he reads this he might block public access), here are some photos Rae put up along with comments he posted . . .

189969_191099134258125_999734_n_zps27e12fee.jpg

"Original Captain America Drawing by Jack Kirby and Mike Royer for sale at $800...Kirby created Cap back in '41". Richard Rae

Although Rae's now removed most of these photos from his FB page, I was just thinking that he was quite prepared to con one of his 20-odd friends (including family members) out of $800 for one of his Royer light-box jobs.

Speaks volumes about how low this character is prepared to go . . . (tsk)

Interesting link for those of you who wondered about Richard Rae dying in hospital and Vince Greck handling the sale of his estate:

http://www.facebook.com/richard.rae.562?ref=ts#!/richard.rae.562

Assuming people here are members of FB, you will have to log-on to access this.

For the benefit of anyone here unable to access Rae's FB page (and if he reads this he might block public access), here are some photos Rae put up along with comments he posted . . .

189969_191099134258125_999734_n_zps27e12fee.jpg

"Original Captain America Drawing by Jack Kirby and Mike Royer for sale at $800...Kirby created Cap back in '41". Richard Rae

Although Rae's now removed most of these photos from his FB page, I was just thinking that he was quite prepared to con one of his 20-odd friends (including family members) out of $800 for one of his Royer light-box jobs.

Speaks volumes about how low this character is prepared to go . . . (tsk)

What was the consensus on how the attribution should be phrased in the sigs? 'Kirby & Royer' is obviously misleading...what would be better?

I ask because I have Bill Sienkiewicz inking a Bernie Wrightson light box jammer, and I want to get Bernie's name in there while minimizing the possibility of future ne'er-do-wellery.

What was the consensus on how the attribution should be phrased in the sigs? 'Kirby & Royer' is obviously misleading...what would be better?

I ask because I have Bill Sienkiewicz inking a Bernie Wrightson light box jammer, and I want to get Bernie's name in there while minimizing the possibility of future ne'er-do-wellery.

How about:

lightbox.jpg

Seriously,

Bill Sienkiewicz

(from separate Bernie Wrightson pencils)

These days, Mike signs them "From Kirby, by Royer".

Mike puts alot of TLC into his recreations. He actually pencils out his tighter "inks" over the rougher Kirby base sketch, and then inks over his pencils. They look great! Too bad this dope took advantage of people. Although, anyone could have checked with Mike at any time to see if they had any Kirby pencils...

Research, folks!!!

sigh.

How about:

lightbox.jpg

Seriously,

Bill Sienkiewicz

(from separate Bernie Wrightson pencils)

Still too verbose :(

What a tool...

"this image is original art, not a print, not a copy... it's the final original image by Steranko/Buckler"

6 hours ago