• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Think Tank

1,138 posts in this topic

Yike what cheap copies.....1st issue print run was around 6500.....how many virgin were there

I think the print run on the virgin was in the 200 - 300 range. I could be wrong on that, though...

I'm seeing 1:10 or around 500 copies in a few places.....pretty low regardless

Yike what cheap copies.....1st issue print run was around 6500.....how many virgin were there

I think the print run on the virgin was in the 200 - 300 range. I could be wrong on that, though...

500 is probably right. I know I have about 20 of them.

I think the ashcan is an edition of 50.

That sounds right. There was a variant for #7 that was limited to 75. Most were signed and numbered, but I think a few made at out that were neither.

There was also a limited to 250 variant of the Military Dossier so the small numbers for the #1 don't seem too crazy.

I believe there were about 500-600 of the virgins and 125 ashcans. [article below says 150 but I believe it was 125]

http://www.recalledcomics.com/ThinkTankAshcan.php

I wonder who is being talked about in this article :whistle:

:shy:

Heh. It is for sure higher than 50 for the ashcan....I have more than that myself. I am pretty sure it is 125.

Ill shoot Matt an email and ask him

Heh. It is for sure higher than 50 for the ashcan....I have more than that myself. I am pretty sure it is 125.

Were you at the Con in 2012? It took me over a year to track one down.

Were you at the Con in 2012? It took me over a year to track one down.

That is probably because a buddy and I have most of the print run. I don't think very many were sold at the con. They were put up online right after #1 was released and I loved the book so much I snagged as many as I could. I saw a hit and I still believe in it 3 years later...been stacking Think tank since day 1.

If you read through this thread you will see me ranting about how good the book was and I even emailed Matt to stop by in this thread [which he did for a few posts].

I am talking to him now and they are looking up the print runs for us. I will see if he will stop by again

I think I got on board around issue 2 or 3, so the ashcan was long gone, but I was able to put together a nice collection. I can't wait for this book to come back.

Awesome man. Its a fantastic book, I cant wait to see it in color as well.

Now I just need to get my collection in order. I have prints, OA, and like 3 long boxes of books. Havent sorted it all in probably over a year now