• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Think Tank

1,138 posts in this topic

The current story arc and series will end with issue #12.

A One-shot will be released in early 2014.

San Diego Comic Con will see the debut of a new Think Tank #1 in full color. The series will continue the story of David Loren but you will not need to have read the previous series to know what’s going on.

And possibly… a Kickstart project to color the previous issues and re-release them.

The current story arc and series will end with issue #12.

A One-shot will be released in early 2014.

San Diego Comic Con will see the debut of a new Think Tank #1 in full color. The series will continue the story of David Loren but you will not need to have read the previous series to know what’s going on.

And possibly… a Kickstart project to color the previous issues and re-release them.

so you dont need to know what already happened means that what already happened will be ignored going forward

is 12 issues of reading really enough to get you to drop this series? There might be some overlap of ideas and probably a bunch of new ones but it's the same writer and same artists doing the same series just improving upon it. I don't see any reason to drop it whatsoever.

I see starting from issue 1 making this issue smarter. They will have 12 issues under their belt and good experience with the characters and probably a better idea of how they want to develop the story. The fact that they aren't scrapping the idea and really want to keep it going gives me faith.

For this book, they don't really need a fresh "jumping on" point. As much as I love this book, it's not selling. Finding back issues is not going to be a problem.

I've given this book away to a bunch of people. I think I gave Krighton an issue of 5 with a Sixth Gun purchase. I've talked to almost every comic shop in the DC and NoVA area about it and still see issues sitting on the shelves. It's disheartening to not see it picking up new readers. I wish I knew what it was...the book is too good to go unnoticed.

Relaunch under image...top cow is an anchor......May as we'll be Dynamite

I've been think about this, but Matt's the president of Top Cow. If the book blows up, that's money Top Cow and Matt are leaving on the table. Then again, with no sales, there is no money to be left on the table.

Got another reply from Matt. Here is what I wrote him....

Matt,

Thank you for the reply. So the book is not being rebooted and starting over? It is just a hiatus and a new arc will be out in 2014?

Thank you for taking the time. Some of us are raging Think Tank fans and are very worried

Thank you!

Matts reply below....

It's NOT a reboot. We're taking a brief hiatus to get some issues in the can and launch a color version (season 2 let's call it) this summer. It will be a continuation but a jumping on point at the same time. No retcons of continuity.