• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Think Tank

1,138 posts in this topic

I knew it wouldn't be a reboot, that would be stupid...you don't flush that many issues along with apparently the few loyal fans you have.

The weird thing is that Matt was saying the Digital sales blow everything else Top Cow does out of the water but the floppies just dont sell very well.

People need to get over whatever beef they have thats stopping them from reading this book. There are so many books out there selling 10k+ that are no where near this good.

Hey all, we decided to renumber the books and release the 2nd arc in color to try and attract new readers to the series. It was my fervent wish that we could continue the story as was in black and white but what I want and what is realistic in the market aren't always the same thing. I agree with what a lot of you are saying here and I did like the book in black and white. I am still working with Mark Gordon films on the film adaptation hoping that goes forward and we're going to launch the color arc sometime this summer. The other factor is that it takes Rahsan about 6 weeks to do a book so building a few months inbetween the final b&w book and the new color series will allow us to put a few issues in the can. Deeply appreciate the support from ya'll on these boards it means a lot. This book is very important to me and rather than just cancelling the book we decided to give it this extra push effort.

Thanks,

Matt Hawkins

Hey all, we decided to renumber the books and release the 2nd arc in color to try and attract new readers to the series. It was my fervent wish that we could continue the story as was in black and white but what I want and what is realistic in the market aren't always the same thing. I agree with what a lot of you are saying here and I did like the book in black and white. I am still working with Mark Gordon films on the film adaptation hoping that goes forward and we're going to launch the color arc sometime this summer. The other factor is that it takes Rahsan about 6 weeks to do a book so building a few months inbetween the final b&w book and the new color series will allow us to put a few issues in the can. Deeply appreciate the support from ya'll on these boards it means a lot. This book is very important to me and rather than just cancelling the book we decided to give it this extra push effort.

Thanks,

Matt Hawkins

Thanks for checking in, Matt, and thanks for the clarification. This is a great book, and I truly hope the changes will bring the readership it deserves.

While I love reading this....it had a quick and brutal death on the secondary market...

I have my copies pretty well filed under, hollywood maybe, try to sell when the maybe turns into a definite...But that cabinet is getting MIGHTY full right now....

Not to say the work isn't awesome....I don't know why so few people read it....probably because they doubt that this can be a compelling series, that you can keep us interested...

You definitely have, and I do look forward to when it comes out...I don't think color makes much of a difference really....

I love this comic. It is/was different and refreshing. To me this book was a thinking person's title. Hype means nothing to me; I want good stories to read. Loved the black and white, color will okay I guess. My hope is the book won't lose its appear once it come off of hiatus.

I love this comic. It is/was different and refreshing. To me this book was a thinking person's title. Hype means nothing to me; I want good stories to read. Loved the black and white, color will okay I guess. My hope is the book won't lose its appear once it come off of hiatus.

+1

It's the Economist for comic readers.

Thanks,

Matt Hawkins

Thanks for stopping in Matt.

I am very glad that you are giving it this push. I wish we could keep the numbering going as is but I understand the thought process and hopefully it works.

I just cant understand how there is so much garbage out there selling 5x what this book is selling. Easily in my top 3 favorites hands down.

Sneak peek of #11, which hits shelves tomorrow.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/12/03/sneak-peek-at-top-cows-think-tank-11/

:ohnoez: Holy mess

Only one more issue left before the "now in technicolor" break :sorry:

Well.......What do you guys think?

I enjoyed the last episode err I mean issue of the season. If this book doesn't scream "made for TV" I have no idea what does.

Scary stuff in this book and very scary stuff in the science pages. Cant wait for next months PTSD issue!