• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

To be CRYSTAL CLEAR guys...

NYCC Bedlam is 1,000 copies.

It was advertised as 500 in print.

It was advertised as 500 on their website.

It was advertised as 500 by many retailers & fans.

It was advertised as 500 by the creator (who did NOT place the print order)

I saw the cases on the NYCC floor Wednesday.

I know who placed the print order. He wisely increased it at the last minute based on the rather obvious demand.

Feels like Groundhog day.

i dunno, get em signed and slabbed and they'll do fine. yeah $40 is a bit steep considering, but, i think i paid a bit more than that for Revival 1:10s. And depending on who you got them from (boardie) you're pretty much guaranteed 9.8.

Edited by krighton

10-27 variant ?

What is this? Something that will be announced 10-27? Something that will be released 10-27 (4 days ahead of the book's official launch)? An incentive variant?

10-27 variant ?

What is this? Something that will be announced 10-27? Something that will be released 10-27 (4 days ahead of the book's official launch)? An incentive variant?

Its the Larrys (or so we thought) variant that he says he (or someone else) will announce on the 27th of this month. (shrug)

5D13A7CA-F6A9-4A1A-9905-3AC62D790FF6-245-00000022DF64E799.jpg

OK I'll chime in.

NYCC advertised as 500 print run. If there was a typo or they sold overprint if there was any I don't know.

At show open on Thursday you could buy 25 copies at $5 a piece. After about 5 or six people maxed out their orders at 25 they reduced quickly down to 10 per person, then 10, then 5, then 1 per person.

I think I was the last person who got 25. I saw the discussion to limit going down and I quickly pushed my Credit Card in the salesperson face to make sure he rang up my sale. I didn't even have the books yet. lol

After I saw the demand for copies on the board I made a couple of moves to acquire more copies from people who had bought large lots. I did not pay $5 each for those copies... Trust me I paid a lot more, but I was able to pre-screen them and weed out their busted copies to provide clean copies for boardies.

I do not agree with Image raising the price from $5 to $10 on the second day. I think if you are the publisher and you advertise at a certain price you should keep it that price point until you sell out. In comparison Graffiti Designs had a mad line for a day and a half for the Batman Variant and never increased their price. They did start limiting the qty sold... probably after my stack lol but they were very pleased at the $$$ on cash register for my sale.

I don't know that the NYCC listing is 100% correct. For example, I couldn't find the table where the Michone and Pets PVC was being distributed ... I know it was being sold, but I don't think it made it on the website. The people who told me that the NYCC color Bedlam had a 1000 copy print run all accepted that it was originally solicited as limited to 500. I imagine that we'll get firm numbers on these books sooner than later. I also don't think it's entirely unreasonable for 15/100 people to put their copy of the Bedlam sketch variant on eBay when it has this much heat before it hits the press and people realize that there are 6 variants and that a comic about a reformed serial killer has a ceiling when it comes to secondary market prices. I highly doubt that the b/w sketch cover has a print run of more than 250 copies and I'm leaning towards the 100 copy number. If I'm wrong, it certainly won't be the first time. lol

The Michonne & Pets PVC were being sold at the Image booth, on the Skybound side.

There were more than 300 retailers at the breakfast where the book was given out - the print run of the NYCC sketch variant is in the 400-500 copy range.

I picked up a page and I rarely buy OA. I got lucky and got one with Madder Red in the dentist chair. I think the best page would be MR playing poker/fish/cards with the small child.

+1 I could see that page going for mad money.